Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Soon to be Fiesta ST owner

Hello all,

I will be purchasing a 2015 Fiesta ST either the end of this week or next week. I'm extremely excited. Does anyone have any advice on what to look for when viewing the vehicle and test driving? Common issues? Thank you in advanced.

the duke

Blend door actuator. Turn on and cycle the HVAC system and see if you hear a constant clocking noise. Not terrible, just a plastic gear that breaks. Well documented on the forums.

Check the rear arches, antennae, and jams/where the sheetmetal is rolled over (like door skins) for rust.

Check and verify if the coolant recall has been performed.
Old coolant reservoir that was stock, pre-recall.

The resevior that's replaced with the recall and the new sensor.

Check the driveshaft boots/CV boots for tearing.

Beyond that these things are pretty much indestructible.

OP
D
Thread Starter #5
Blend door actuator. Turn on and cycle the HVAC system and see if you hear a constant clocking noise. Not terrible, just a plastic gear that breaks. Well documented on the forums.

Check the rear arches, antennae, and jams/where the sheetmetal is rolled over (like door skins) for rust.

Check and verify if the coolant recall has been performed.
Old coolant reservoir that was stock, pre-recall.

The resevior that's replaced with the recall and the new sensor.

Check the driveshaft boots/CV boots for tearing.

Beyond that these things are pretty much indestructible.
Duke thank you for all the advice. I will definitely take a look at everything you mentioned.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Cv axle seals*...Paint corrosion on all body seams of the doors and hatch and antenna base* Transmission whine usual starts in 3rd gear and up* Any open re-calls even though you're in Germany.

dk334

Look at the paint for paint bubbling under the trunk door around the antenna and under the hood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I would recommend finding a car that hasn't been tuned if you can. In general, a car that has been tuned is more likely to have been driven hard. Sometimes people will remove the tune and then claim that it has always been stock. One way to detect whether that is true is to take the car to a Ford dealer. My understanding is that they are able to access a counter which will tell how many times the car has been started since the ECU was modified, which typically happens in a tune. A very low number which is out of sync with the number of miles on the car may be an indication that this has happened. There are other explanations for why an ECU may have been modified, but if you are able to discover this discrepancy you could ask if there is an alternative explanation.
Of course the fact that a car has been tuned does not automatically mean that it has had the hell driven out of it, mine is tuned with the factory approved Mountune MP215 and I take excellent care of the car. But if the car has been tuned I would want to know that the owner is being honest with me about it. If you find that they appear to have removed the tune and then are lying about it, this would be obviously a bad sign.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
I would recommend finding a car that hasn't been tuned if you can. In general, a car that has been tuned is more likely to have been driven hard. Sometimes people will remove the tune and then claim that it has always been stock. One way to detect whether that is true is to take the car to a Ford dealer. My understanding is that they are able to access a counter which will tell how many times the car has been started since the ECU was modified, which typically happens in a tune. A very low number which is out of sync with the number of miles on the car may be an indication that this has happened. There are other explanations for why an ECU may have been modified, but if you are able to discover this discrepancy you could ask if there is an alternative explanation.
Of course the fact that a car has been tuned does not automatically mean that it has had the hell driven out of it, mine is tuned with the factory approved Mountune MP215 and I take excellent care of the car. But if the car has been tuned I would want to know that the owner is being honest with me about it. If you find that they appear to have removed the tune and then are lying about it, this would be obviously a bad sign.
Agreed. Many US owners remove mods, put original parts back on, sell the mods and sell the car. Check items that can show replacement such as bolts and clamps. That isn't necessarily bad, but you just never know how it was driven. That was one of the reasons I bought new and intend to keep it until.....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk