Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Soon to be new buyer...just a few questions for owners

Hey Guys,
Just a few questions for current owners

My Scenario:
So i'm going to be purchasing a new Fiesta ST within the next few weeks. I'm currently getting this as my more travel friendly/ecofriendly/cushy DD. My current DD is my Subaru BRZ (modded to hell) so as you can expect its not the best for that. Now before you say aything i do realize i'm getting the sport model of this car. I had leased a 2013 Fiesta SE a few years back and loved it. But i also love racecar lol.

1. For you who DD how is it?
2. How comfy is it? My BRZ is stiff as hell so thats my comparison.
3. Whats your real life MPG?
4. Any issues with the turbo?
5. How similar to the SE does the ST drive (in terms of ease, i understand this has almost double the power)
6. Is this a car you see owning for a long time?

The Fiesta ST i'm thinking of getting.

Orange
Black Wheels
Recaro Seats
Racing Stripe
Nav Unit

If any of those options i can add on aftermarket for cheaper than from factory please let me know.

Thanks in advance!!

Congratulations the St is a sweet car.

1. Amazingly fun to drive everyday i find myself taking the scenic way home
2. I have the Recaro seats and i find them very comfortable and positions me exactly were i want to be
3. I average any were from 30-35 MPG i have seen 40 a few times and dips below 30 when i really hammer on it
4. No issues
5.never drove an SE but the ST is super easy to drive point it were you want to go and it takes you there with a smile on your face[driving]
6. I plan to keep it as long as i can

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
1. Racecar
2. Racecar
3. Racecar with 33mpg hwy/ 28mpg mixed
4. Racecar
5. Racecar
6. Yes, because racecar

Actually, I have a 2016 SE as well as my 14 ST (and yes, my 16 Civic for those probably confused). I did recently drive a stock FiST just for giggles, and the mechanics are widely the same, with a noticeable reduction in body roll and stiffness. The ST is also slightly lower than the SE.

OP
X
Thread Starter #4
Congratulations the St is a sweet car.

1. Amazingly fun to drive everyday i find myself taking the scenic way home
2. I have the Recaro seats and i find them very comfortable and positions me exactly were i want to be
3. I average any were from 30-35 MPG i have seen 40 a few times and dips below 30 when i really hammer on it
4. No issues
5.never drove an SE but the ST is super easy to drive point it were you want to go and it takes you there with a smile on your face[driving]
6. I plan to keep it as long as i can
Thanks for the response! yeah i'm all about cars that are fun to drive and its my hope that no matter which car i choose for the day whether it be my ST or BRZ i'm always going to have a blast.

OP
X
Thread Starter #5
Nice! yeah i loved my SE when i had it. Would have kept it had i not wanted a BRZ so badly. Was a big decision between the ST and the BRZ when it came down to it...and now i can have both!

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
1. It's a great DD, easy to do errands with,convenient to put stuff in, you can park it everywhere. On the way to and from, you get to run it through the gears and whip through corners. It's very fun even in everyday driving, much more than the E90 M3 it replaced.
2. Comfy enough. The ride's more supple than I thought it would be,although it is bumpy on some surfaces. This seems a small price to pay for the agile handling and quick steering. The Recaros seemed a bit extreme at first, but do break in.
3. In town, punching it whenever I can, ~25 mpg,ad in some backroads, up to 28 or so. Mine's just broken in, so not much track record.
4. No
5. Never drove one
6. Yes, for a very long time.

OP
X
Thread Starter #7
Thanks for all the reply's guys! I'm getting more and more excited. I might not go with the recaro's unless i get a massivly good deal. But i kinda want the racing stripe for literally no reason. I'm looking forward to this a lot. My BRZ is very much a momentum car and while it's a blast around corners. DD it to work honestly is just kinda boring and slightly obnoxious on how stiff the ride is. This sounds like it's kinda on the other end of the spectrum. Super fun around corners but a little peppier on the road. Definetly a lot more low end torque than th BRZ which will make going a straight line a little more fun.

1. For you who DD how is it? I DD mine and I love it
2. How comfy is it? My BRZ is stiff as hell so thats my comparison. Its fairly comfy, i have no complaints. Im 37 with lower back problems and the stock seats with lumbar do me just fine.
3. Whats your real life MPG? my avg right now is around 29. check out this link http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/fiesta/2016?engineconfig_id=&bodytype_id=&submodel_id=809
4. Any issues with the turbo? No
5. How similar to the SE does the ST drive (in terms of ease, i understand this has almost double the power) I had an 11 SES and it was a blast to drive as well, the power and the handling is much better on the ST though.
6. Is this a car you see owning for a long time? Till the wheels fall off, but i always say that and usually trade after a couple of years but i will actually try this time i swear!

Hey Guys,
Just a few questions for current owners

My Scenario:
So i'm going to be purchasing a new Fiesta ST within the next few weeks. I'm currently getting this as my more travel friendly/ecofriendly/cushy DD. My current DD is my Subaru BRZ (modded to hell) so as you can expect its not the best for that. Now before you say aything i do realize i'm getting the sport model of this car. I had leased a 2013 Fiesta SE a few years back and loved it. But i also love racecar lol.

1. For you who DD how is it? . . . This is precisely what I got it for, and it's spectacular. Easy to park, easy to zip in and out of traffic, and when I cut people off they don't hate me because the car is little and on the cute side (I've got the molten orange)
2. How comfy is it? My BRZ is stiff as hell so thats my comparison. . . . You feel the road, but that's a plus, and it's rarely obnoxious.
3. Whats your real life MPG? . . . I pretty much drive in stop-and-go traffic; rarely get above 45 or 50 and have averaged around 24 mpg over the last six weeks. The one bit of highway driving I did, probably 35. If you were fanatical and put the cruise control on 55 and feathered the gas so as never to spin up the turbo, you might eke out 40 mpg--but who wants to drive this car like that?
4. Any issues with the turbo? . . . Love it--lots of power right when and where I want it.
5. How similar to the SE does the ST drive (in terms of ease, i understand this has almost double the power) . . . no idea
6. Is this a car you see owning for a long time? . . . till it falls apart; then I'll get another one

The Fiesta ST i'm thinking of getting.

Orange
Black Wheels
Recaro Seats . . . go for it; they're great. I've never had heated seats before, and didn't expect to use it, but I've had some back issues, and have been using it amost like a heating pad. Awesome
Racing Stripe
Nav Unit

If any of those options i can add on aftermarket for cheaper than from factory please let me know.

Thanks in advance!!
p.s. I've barely used the Nav Unit; I tend to run the Waze app on my phone. But it seemed pretty good the couple of times I tried it.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Remember, the ST is not just a trim package and a bigger engine. One article said 164 things were changed on it. A lot of thought and engineering went into these cars.

OP
X
Thread Starter #15
Remember, the ST is not just a trim package and a bigger engine. One article said 164 things were changed on it. A lot of thought and engineering went into these cars.
Thats whats brining me back to the Fiesta. All the small changes that make it more of a "driver's" car. I wanted something similar to the experience i get in my BRZ (good handling, fun to drive, looks good) but more on the cushy more practical side.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Thats whats brining me back to the Fiesta. All the small changes that make it more of a "driver's" car. I wanted something similar to the experience i get in my BRZ (good handling, fun to drive, looks good) but more on the cushy more practical side.
One of my car friends got a BRZ for a DD but later sold it because he thought the rear suspension comfort was terrible. He tracks a lot and is used to stiffly-suspended cars. He didn't own but had driven a FiST, and thought the dampers were good and the suspension decently compliant.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Haha just not sure if worth the extra 1200$
Actually, it is a $2K option package, unless the dealer is giving you a HUGE break on it.

There are many even recliner aftermarket seats you could put in this car for less, albeit yes, giving up the exploding whoopee cushions in them, which most on here think is a cardinal sin.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I had a 14 S that I drove for a year before trading it in for a 15 FiST. No complaints about it, but I wish I had test driven the FiST first. Although they seem to share the same chassis, driving the two is like apples and oranges. In hindsight I think my FiST was sold before I left the lot!

I've never driven the BRZ, the FiST has a firm ride as well but it seems like the BRZ is firmer. For me though, the firmness was a bit much (mainly because the local roads are almost worthy of being in a third world country). Good news here though is a small investment in some aftermarket lowering springs and/or struts can significantly help the situation. New tires helped me a bit also.

I DD my FiST occassionally (take turns between my motorcycle and the FiST), but honestly if the FiST weren't such a great DD car I would absolutely not DD it at all. Not many cars can compare to the fun of riding a motorcycle (especially in SoCal traffic), but this one gets amazingly close. After riding a motorcycle, I started losing the desire to drive cars...they just weren't fun to me anymore and seemed more like a chore. This car has brought that fun back. So glad I decided to go for that test drive.

Sent using Tapatalk

I have a 90 mile round trip for work. Love the little FiST most of the time. I actually traded cars with a friend for awhile when I had a couple cracked ribs because it hurt to much to drive. The Recaros are fantastic, but have no sympathy. I like it, but those seats squeeze you just enough to let you know they're there, all the time.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Love the car, shifting can be annoying at times. But it's fast as heck now, just wants a bendy road! You'll love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk