Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Spark plug not coming out

Nscragg

Hey y'all,

I've been trying to change the spark plugs on my FiST and all of them have been able to be pulled out except for the one in cylinder 2. It's completely loose and can be moved around, however, it will not pull out of the slot, it can't be tightened or loosened either. Any help would be very much appreciated and I've attached a video to show what's going on.

Cheers

Attachments

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Upload the video to YouTube, I'm not about to download someone else's file. Can you get a photo through the opening?

SteveS

1000 Post Club
The video shows him using the spark plug wrench to wobble the spark plug around.

Have you tried reaching in with something that can grab the plug and pull it out? really long nose pliers?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
They are metal....so magnet them out* or buy a snap-on socket and never worry ever again.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Have you tried using a short length of silicon rubber hose? Cannot remember what ID I use but it fits tightly on the porcelain insulator. That is what I use to remove the plugs on my '15 Focus ST after loosening them with a socket wrench of course. (480,000 miles-has had MANY changes) Have not done one on my '19 FiST (25,000 miles) as of yet.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Have you tried using a short length of silicon rubber hose? Cannot remember what ID I use but it fits tightly on the porcelain insulator. That is what I use to remove the plugs on my '15 Focus ST after loosening them with a socket wrench of course. (480,000 miles-has had MANY changes) Have not done one on my '19 FiST (25,000 miles) as of yet.
You have a Focus ST with 480k miles? Going to need more details on that.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
A whole lot of courier driving plus Uber service as well-stopped courier work last year so miles are a bit slower in accumulating.

View attachment 48315
Wow, that's the most miles I've ever seen on an ST. Are you still on the stock engine and transmission?

Fiestig

I 2nd the magnetic socket. Love mine. 3/8" rubber line would work, or you can fish it out with a looped wire. My farm kid up bringing could probably come up with about 40 other ways to get the job done, but that eventually usually comes down to spray the f'r with ether and hope for the best.<-- Don't do this by the way. My cold weather old head peeps will know what I am talking about ...lol.

Last edited:
Wow, that's the most miles I've ever seen on an ST. Are you still on the stock engine and transmission?
All stock, no major driveline work done, original clutch only a water pump, some stab links, 2 evap valves (surprise!) and of course brakes and tires. Struts and shocks being replaced soon. Damn reliable machine.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
All stock, no major driveline work done, original clutch only a water pump, some stab links, 2 evap valves (surprise!) and of course brakes and tires. Struts and shocks being replaced soon. Damn reliable machine.
Original clutch!?!?
Wow, that's very impressive! I'm glad it's lasted so long. Hopefully the fiestas will prove to be equally reliable long term.

I 2nd the magnetic socket. Love mine. 3/8" rubber line would work, or you can fish it out with a looped wire. My farm kid up bringing could probably come up with about 40 other ways to get the job done, but that eventually usually comes down to spray the f'r with ether and hope for the best.<-- Don't so this by the way. My cold weather old head peeps will know what I am talking about ...lol.
Seconding the magnetic socket. Purchased mine after seeing others using them on here and it made the plugs a breeze. Thin walled enough for our vehicles and the 6 inch length was just enough.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071ZT9VZK