Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Springs for 215/45 tire size

Is anyone running 215/45 tires on lowering springs? If so, what springs are you running and did you have to roll your fenders for them to fit. The wheel gap obviously closes with bigger tires, so seeing 205/40 tires on lowering springs does nothing for me. Thanks, post pics as you see fit.

2006ser

I'm go with 215/40/17 I do have a 8 inch wheel I've always wonder if the 45s series tires would fit with mountune lowering springs and not have to roll the fenders

OP
C
Thread Starter #3
I got a fabric tape measure and saw that there's about 1 and 1/5th inch gap between the fender and the top of the tire. I believe mountune lowers .8" in the front and .7" in the rear. Those were the ones I was looking at cuz everyone else's didn't look like they'd fit. I went with 215/45 on stock wheels because I wanted more tire on the road. Also will be going to 16" wheels.

Your issue will be rubbing on the plastic splash shield not the fender. 215-45-17 is too tall. I would not go any larger than 215-40-17. Plus the larger tire will add more weight and hurt the performance by changing the effective gear ratio. 215-45-17 adds 1 inch to the rolling diameter of the tire and around 3lbs a corner. That much difference you will feel.

i have 215 45 17s on my car on stock wheels and suspension. i had absolutely no rub but as soon as I installed mud flaps i did get some rub while turning. im thinking if i dropped it just a tad where the tire rubs the mud flap would clear it and no longer rub.