Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ST200 springs on a ST180

Xerain

Hi all, Im a new owner of a ST180 and it's been lowered because I can't even fit my 2 fingers between the tire and the car. Since I need to replace all the tires and I was debating on getting 205/45/17 instead of the 205/40/17, for extra comfort, which means I have to increase the ride height. I saw someone selling ST200 springs for cheap whats everyones take on this idea? I don't expect to track my car but do like to the zippie-ness of the car but would like to make it slightly more comfortable because right now I feel the car is too rough on my bottom while driving over speedbumps which there are plenty of in my area

Dialcaliper

The ST200 springs aren’t anything special - they’re the same as all the “softer” 2017+ revised Mk7.5 FiST that were made after the ST200 (both US and Euro). They’re intended to be paired with the stiffer OEM front sway bar and torsion beam on those models. Installing them on an earlier model ST180 would basically be a “downgrade” unless you’ve already upgraded at least your rear sway bar or both front/rear.

Also FYI, if you purchase “new” springs from the dealer, they’ll all be the softer type, as the earlier springs were simply discontinued and replaced.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Go ahead and get the springs. Ride height will be good for the taller tires.

Dialcaliper

Go ahead and get the springs. Ride height will be good for the taller tires.
Ride height is basically the same for early and late springs despite the difference in spring rate (free length is longer on the softer springs). The tires of course will change the ride height, but if anything the softer ST200 springs will be more likely to suffer from rubbing.

That said, it’s hard to find the earlier model (pre-2016) springs used these days. Even if you can’t find those, if the person selling the ST200 springs is asking for a higher price because they believe they are “special” the regular late model (2017+) springs will do just fine.

Basically, if the ST200 are the only “stock” springs you can find, go for it, but if you can locate regular ST180 springs for cheaper, go for those instead