Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ST Octane Academy 2020

So... I’ve tried many e-brake turns with my Fiesta since Octane Academy. I’m not seeing the same rotation out of the car that we had at school. What have you guys experienced? Why does the stock Fiesta ST perform differently then the ones at school? 1) I have the same tires they used at STOA. 2) I’m holding the ESC button for 5 seconds and it seems like it’s not turning off all the ADAS. What’s up?

So... I’ve tried many e-brake turns with my Fiesta since Octane Academy. I’m not seeing the same rotation out of the car that we had at school. What have you guys experienced? Why does the stock Fiesta ST perform differently then the ones at school? 1) I have the same tires they used at STOA. 2) I’m holding the ESC button for 5 seconds and it seems like it’s not turning off all the ADAS. What’s up?
The wire parking break is a lot weaker than the hydraulic handbrake used in the octane cars so it's having a harder time locking up the rear wheels. Also weight could be an issue as well not sure if the octane cars are stripped out or not tho.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I try sometimes when it's rained and I've had no luck either. I'm running the original all-season tires. The drums don't grab near as much and maybe I'm not as brave in my own car? Then again, I was pretty crappy at the course too. I had some success in the snow with my old Focus, so I'm waiting for winter.

Last edited:
I would say it's probably the weakness of the parking brake vs. the Wilwood calipers and hydraulic system they put in the school cars. You're getting the same problem I was having when they kept telling me to pull the lever harder. But with the stock parking brake no matter how hard you pull, it doesn't compare.