Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stage 0 and 87 octane?

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #21
I should check the tires, been a bit. And im gonna tape the hood edges.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I should check the tires, been a bit. And im gonna tape the hood edges.
Don't use just any tape, use painter's tape so it's less likely to lift our shitty paint. Might as well tape the front edge too to mitigate some of those rock chips :p

for what its worth I doubt taping the edges would result in a 5 dollar difference coast-to-coast. The way they're designed ,those gaps pressurize with air then that pocket of pressure creates a frictionless zone over the seams.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #23
I was kinda thinking about doing that actually. Lol. I habe plenty of painters tape.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #24
Ok so im at about half tank of the 88. How much e85 and 91 should i put in to get it back to 91?? I need to go back to 91 asap.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Ok so im at about half tank of the 88. How much e85 and 91 should i put in to get it back to 91?? I need to go back to 91 asap.
2 gallons of e85 will get you right where you need. Honestly one gallon of e85 then topped off with 91 would get you back. Heck do a gallon and a half.
http://www.georgebelton.com/E85Calculator.php

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #26
Ok. I can do that tonight. Probably just going to go back to the stage 2 tune as well.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #27
Car seems to be a fair bit happier with 91/93.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I think the OAR is what the car uses to adjust timing and stuff to get the tune back to "safe", so I *believe* there's a period of time while it has to say, "whelp, this is the new normal, better start pulling some timing!"
Yep a +0.87 is showing it's close to adjustable limits on 88 octane, I remember when I was accidentally pumped 87 in my non-self serve state and I had to run stage 0, that my OAR stayed around +0.10, so much better than +0.87 for sure, I guess our 87 here is fairly underrated.