Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Steering fault

Was checking the vehicle health screen today and steering fault showed up. I haven't noticed any problems with steering. In fact this little FIST rides like it's on rails. It's going to the dealer on Monday with a little under 5K on the clock. Anybody ever hear of "steering fault"?

Very likely an OBD code logged because of voltage or bad information from a sensor. The dealer will be able to say whether it was a one-timer or if it is constantly faulting. Probably nothing but may be something.

My car came from the dealership with a steering fault. Car was built in December and bought in June. The steering fault was dated in February, possibly due to dead battery is my guess.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
My steering went totally manual after a tune download. Re loaded and was fine . Never triggered a code.

I had my power steering go out after I reflashed to stock from stage 1. It had the traction light on, and I certainly had no power steering. If you didn't notice anything I wouldn't worry.

OP
S
Thread Starter #6
Went to dealer today. The "steering fault" turned out to be a nothingburger. I was really surprised that they went over the car with a fine tooth comb. They cleared the code and had no clue where it may have come from. They never mentioned any thing about a time/date stamp. They road tested it (about ten miles worth) putting it thru some local twisties to try to provoke a new code. Didn't happen. They put it on a lift and made sure the front suspension and steering gear were on spec and then they gave it back. They don't sell a lot of FISTs or FOSTs but had not heard of this situation before.They went thru quite a bit of effort for me and my little blue $hitbox at no charge so I am a satisfied customer.