Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stock Air Box mod questions

redmoe

So I decided to give the modified air box a shot as the injen intake just seemed to let too much heat into the intake track. I know the intercooler will take care of the temp for the most part but having the most dense air charge possible seems like a good approach. I went ahead a cut out the bottom of the box and also made a 2 1/8 inch hole on the drivers side of the box level with the snorkel to get a little more noise out of it. I figured having it on the drivers side will minimize the direct hot engine air getting to it. To avoid getting water on the filter from the bottom (car wash undercarriage spray and water from the road) I used aluminum tape to attach some window sun screen to cover the hole. It seems to do a good job of breaking up the direct spray. I may toss in a K&N but am a little worried about the particle size that it will pass.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
... I may toss in a K&N but am a little worried about the particle size that it will pass.
I switched to Green filters for the same reason; over the years, I've used K&N filters in several cars but noticed that the weave seemed to be looser in some spots than others. I decided to try a Green filter for the FiST and the weave was more consistent; fitment was every bit as good as K&N.

redmoe

Funny since posting that awhile back I have gone back to the dry style cone filters. Even with the better weave of the green filter you can still see through them. The dry filters may not flow quite as well but with all of the dust here in AZ I went with the dry style. To get the most surface area in combination with the largest inlet diameter I hybridized and injen pipe with an aem filter. I have a video of the mod on my channel (see link in my signature).