Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stock Engine - Monitoring Coolant/Oil Temp and Boost

Hi everyone,

I have a new-to-me 2016 FiST that is mechanically stock, and I plan to keep it that way. However, I do quite enjoy seeing data on my vehicles, even if it's not strictly necessary. How is everyone here monitoring coolant and oil temps? I've seen the Cobb AccessPort as a popular option, but that seems like overkill if all I want to do is monitor some stats. Anybody use a ScanGauge or similar?

I'm also debating whether or not it's even necessary to monitor the coolant/oil temps. I'm not sure what I would actually do with that data, other than constantly fuss over it. I figure if I follow some common sense and let the engine warm up decently long before I really get on the throttle, that's probably "good enough."

Same goes for monitoring boost pressure - I mostly just want to see what the turbo is doing as I'm driving. Is the only way to plumb in an analog boost gauge into the air intake? Or does the car also have a pressure sensor that can display boost pressure on a device like the Cobb AP?

I use - https://www.amazon.com/Lufi-Display-Speedometer-inclinometer-Multifunction/dp/B0BM528LKF - In my Fiesta SE. I read online the AP do not communicate with the base models and I wanted to monitor temps just like you. It works well it has multiple screens and it can read anything your OBD2 port can give you for info. I have multiple videos on my phone if you want more details. I think it's a great budget alternative.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I use an Ultra Gauge (even though I own an AP), and keep the monitor screen sections on; coolant temp, boost/vacuum, intake temp, battery voltage, and timing.

It can be setup to multiple monitors on different pages with ANY of the 'reported PIDs' sent to the ECM, and at the OBD2 port.

I wish that oil temp AND pressure were sensor reported PIDs on our rides, but they are NOT. [:(]

So the only way to get a truly accurate oil temp or pressure reading is with aftermarket sensor sending units, and stand alone gauges.
(The oil temp reported on the Cobb AP is an interpolated/algorithm based estimation, it is not an exact, direct reading.)