Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stock internals boost.

Jedhardy

Hey everyone, I've seen a few threads about it, but have yet to find a specific answer. How much boost can I "safely" put into stock internals? With a cobb stage 1 im sure most of you know will push about 18-19 pounds. That's seems crazy to me. Can it handle much more, with everything internal stock? I'll for sure have to change out injectors and fuel pump and what not. I'm mostly concerned about bigger problems like will pistons/pistons rings and bearing and earthing old up with more boost?

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
25+ on stock internals on a stock, hybrid, or s280 turbo will be fine all day everyday.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
I'll tend to peak at 26.45. On a custom tune, tuner let me know the stock turbo was maxed out after the 2nd revision.

Of course on some days it doesn't get over 26. I think that's due to getting the torque requested at lower boost or something like that.

Been running 26 on a Dizzy tune for the past year, no problems whatsoever. They can run mid 20's without any issues.

Hey everyone, I've seen a few threads about it, but have yet to find a specific answer. How much boost can I "safely" put into stock internals? With a cobb stage 1 im sure most of you know will push about 18-19 pounds. That's seems crazy to me. Can it handle much more, with everything internal stock? I'll for sure have to change out injectors and fuel pump and what not. I'm mostly concerned about bigger problems like will pistons/pistons rings and bearing and earthing old up with more boost?
I thought the stock map sees 21-22 psi on premium during overboost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I thought the stock map sees 21-22 psi on premium during overboost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe you're right, when I asked Ford Performance what the boost PSI was stock, this was their response-

"In general the car will boost from 13-22 psi at wide open throttle depending on conditions, gear, RPM, etc."

Mikey456

I’m running the same Cobb stg 1 tune. I would be more concerned about boost leaks and heat. In my opinion, if I wanted to run more boost I would delete the sound symposer, run colder plugs (if recommended by tuner) install an intercooler and possibly a radiator (in a hotter climate/track work). But that’s just me being conservative on the car.