Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stock Turbo just shipped off to get some serious mods done to it:)

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #41
I do not know any local tuners that have worked with this car and had a horrible experience with one on another car a few years back, said he could tune it, did not know anything about the system, charged me $1100 and it blew up the next day.....so I am looking into email tuning and so far I like what Randy at Mountune can do the best but I have contacted others to see what they have to say.

Once tuned I will get a few pulls on a dyno but not until sorted out and proven to be a good tune.

I am not going for max power, it will be a bit conservative so as the engine has to last awhile and be able to run different altitudes and fuel qualities as I travel all over. Those that want to max it out will at least have an idea of what to expect.

I also live at 5200 ft so my power levels will be down a bit compared to lower elevations but the math is pretty simple on that for those wanting more accurate numbers for where they live.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #42
I am also working with the shop doing the mods and the potential vendor for these on finding the best price to get turbos so there is very little downtime, get a modded one, swap it out, send yours in kind of deal.

Whatever tune I end up with will not be perfect for others with various mods, altitude, octane, etc.....but it will be a place to start so tuning should not cost a great deal or take that long to do. I will have to make sure I can share the tune I have done.

I am feeling pretty good about this path I am on but if it does not do all I want but is still a great way to go for a limited budget I will do all I can to help my fellow enthusiasts do this right.

If I end up with an EFR, I will do the same.

I am in this for things other than money, I want to have a great setup for a great price and help everyone I can do the same.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #44
I am also "patiently waiting" at least trying to be patient:)

I have to get the brake caliper mount design finished on the rear and parts made for that as well as waiting on front caliper mounts, then I can put the car on the ground and drive it, I will have the turbo on before the brakes are done.

Today I am probably going to realign the ends of the rear axle but cutting and welding to add more camber and set the toe to zero, quite a serious job to say the least.