Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stoptech Sport rotors

Hi all, I’m looking at getting a new brake set up. I definitely want the EBC yellowstuff pads for a universal street and track set up. I’m up for debate with rotors though.

I found Stoptech Sport rotors (not cryo) for $305 shipped, all four corners. Is that a decent deal? Does anyone else have any recommendations for rotors for a decent deal? I’m planning on tracking this summer and I drive aggressive on the street.

Thanks for your input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hi all, I’m looking at getting a new brake set up. I definitely want the EBC yellowstuff pads for a universal street and track set up. I’m up for debate with rotors though.

I found Stoptech Sport rotors (not cryo) for $305 shipped, all four corners. Is that a decent deal? Does anyone else have any recommendations for rotors for a decent deal? I’m planning on tracking this summer and I drive aggressive on the street.

Thanks for your input!

Did you check Rockauto?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

green_henry

1000 Post Club
The front rotors would be my priority, but that seems like a good price. If you have purchased from Mountune before, don't forget about the bonus points that you may have accrued -- I got my rear rotors for almost nothing. They are good rotors, and I have had good experience with Yellow Stuff on a different car.

Are you looking for something different to what Whoosh has? The StopTech set is $292.00 right now.

And I think Tire Rack is even a little cheaper. Mine were $303 with tax and free shipping.

I just ordered PowerStop's front & rear, yesterday, (that @TyphoonFiST posted) from Rockauto for $205 shipped. That beat Amazon by a bit; though their kit comes with pads (which I was not interested in).

OP
Dubcc
Thread Starter #8
Are you looking for something different to what Whoosh has? The StopTech set is $292.00 right now.

And I think Tire Rack is even a little cheaper. Mine were $303 with tax and free shipping.
Whoosh adds on $45 for shipping. The ones I first posted about were $306 shipped. I’ll check tire rack!

OP
Dubcc
Thread Starter #9
Whoosh adds on $45 for shipping. The ones I first posted about were $306 shipped. I’ll check tire rack!

True. I think that's why I ended up going Tire Rack as they didn't have shipping.

I also ordered Mountune Track pads and I like them. They stay on the car for street driving with no issue and don't appear to create extra rotor wear. They are noisy. But they stop great. I would argue it's as aggressive as my GT4 with ceramics.

I ran EBC rotors and Red Stuff pads. Hated them. Fade was terrible. Three to four 80mph to 10mph stops and you'd lose the pedal. No experience with Yellow Stuff.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
True. I think that's why I ended up going Tire Rack as they didn't have shipping.

I also ordered Mountune Track pads and I like them. They stay on the car for street driving with no issue and don't appear to create extra rotor wear. They are noisy. But they stop great. I would argue it's as aggressive as my GT4 with ceramics.

I ran EBC rotors and Red Stuff pads. Hated them. Fade was terrible. Three to four 80mph to 10mph stops and you'd lose the pedal. No experience with Yellow Stuff.
I Run Ebc everything * Yellows F & R with USR rotors with SVT bracket and rotor upgrade in the rear. Multiple 100mph to 20mph stops no issues. NO TRACKING also*

green_henry

1000 Post Club
I Run Ebc everything * Yellows F & R with USR rotors with SVT bracket and rotor upgrade in the rear. Multiple 100mph to 20mph stops no issues. NO TRACKING also*

No more Carbotechs? I'm still happy with mine, but the EBC YellowStuff is more aggressive (at least it was on my TSX) so I may switch to them as well.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
No more Carbotechs? I'm still happy with mine, but the EBC YellowStuff is more aggressive (at least it was on my TSX) so I may switch to them as well.
They Ran their course....decided to change it up. Glad I did and the Rear SVT rotor and bracket mod. Worked out perfect!

OP
Dubcc
Thread Starter #14

I’ve never ran the RS, but I’m not surpised being that they are for street only. I’ve ran the YS on my old MKIV VW R32. That was a heavy car and they never failed me on the most brutal of track days!

OP
Dubcc
Thread Starter #15

I was thinking of doing SportTech F with Yellows F and then USR rotors R with Yellows R. That package is like $110 cheaper than SportTech all the way around.

Although I’d really like for my rotors to match on all fours. I’ll probably get SportTech all the way around

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I was thinking of doing SportTech F with Yellows F and then USR rotors R with Yellows R. That package is like $110 cheaper than SportTech all the way around.

Although I’d really like for my rotors to match on all fours. I’ll probably get SportTech all the way around

I think you should source a set of FOCUS SVT rear brackets and rotors and move up in the world while you are at it.They can be found....if you look hard.

Thanks! Are the Powerstops any good? I’ve never heard of them
My brother just put these on his 2017 FoST and is liking them. I have the rotors sitting at the house with Hawk 5.0 pads, but no real rush to get them on the car. Maybe next week. Did you end up pulling the trigger on a brake set up?

Just ordered another set of the Mountune pads. I'll do a better job tracking actual mileage this time. They have some life left in them, but I try to replace them at the 50% point. And it didn't take long to get there at all.

I did multiple sessions on the track a week.aho Friday and then last Thursday. No braking issues at all. And that's coming down from 105 to 40ish. I'm convinced once the LSD goes in I will be good without a BBK.