Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified Flash Tune Review

Trader history for commonplatypus (0)

AzNightmare

2 questions:

When you have different slots in Accessport, does it always go back to slot 1 when you start your car or does it keep the previous slot usage in internal memory (forever?) And do you need the AP plugged in to change slots?

Based

Is there a such thing as too much positive correction? I get +4 daily and yesterday +5. Maybe because it's so hot and humid idk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 questions:

When you have different slots in Accessport, does it always go back to slot 1 when you start your car or does it keep the previous slot usage in internal memory (forever?) And do you need the AP plugged in to change slots?
The car usually remembers the last slot you had selected. I have seen it default back to slot 1 on its own a couple times but that may have been a bug already addressed by COBB in recent updates.

No, the AP does not need to be connected to change slots.

AzNightmare

The car usually remembers the last slot you had selected. I have seen it default back to slot 1 on its own a couple times but that may have been a bug already addressed by COBB in recent updates.

No, the AP does not need to be connected to change slots.
lol, isn't it kind of dangerous if it defaults back to slot 1 without you noticing? Do you make it a habit to re-check which slot before each commute?

I recently ordered an accessport and flash tune through stratified. Plan on having the stratified tune basically a stage 2 to go with my supporting mods. Can I still run the cobb ots tunes when I upload the stratified tune? I'm only asking because I have an intake and rmm installed but not an intercooler. Hope to run cobb stage 1 until I get the IC on and then run the stratified. Thanks

2 questions:

Car will stay in the slot you last selected unless something like KAM is reset. You can change slots using the cruise control buttons. Have a look at the video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmvqXnQ48pg

Is there a such thing as too much positive correction? I get +4 daily and yesterday +5. Maybe because it's so hot and humid idk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These values are at part throttle and it is perfectly fine to have timing ramp up like this.

I recently ordered an accessport and flash tune through stratified. Plan on having the stratified tune basically a stage 2 to go with my supporting mods. Can I still run the cobb ots tunes when I upload the stratified tune? I'm only asking because I have an intake and rmm installed but not an intercooler. Hope to run cobb stage 1 until I get the IC on and then run the stratified. Thanks
Yes you can always run a COBB OTS tune.

Also you can order your tune for a non FMIC and then get a flash tune modification update:

http://www.stratifiedauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=116_93&products_id=243

It could be but as I said, there have been firmware changes since that I think were there to address that problem in FiST specifically (Check the change logs for an update late last year).

If you're super concerned, make sure that Slot 1 is your most conservative setting but bear in mind, if it happens, it because of a bug. The bug could just as easily make it switch to slot 5 or slot 2.

AzNightmare

Is there a point to Rolling Map Switching on a 93/E85 tune?
If that option is disabled, does that just mean I have to switch maps when the car is just pulled over, or do I have to have the engine turned off?

Is there a point to Rolling Map Switching on a 93/E85 tune?
If that option is disabled, does that just mean I have to switch maps when the car is just pulled over, or do I have to have the engine turned off?
If it's disabled it just means the car has to be stopped before it'll switch map slots. It's better to have it disabled if you have a combo 93/E85 tune IMO since it reduces the chance of accidentally switching map slots.

Got my stratified flash tune today, pretty impressive so far. Injen intake is the only mod I have besides the tune, I'm seeing 25.5psi at max boost. Afr look to be around 11.2 at wot 93oct. I need to upload a data log and have another look, but so far money well spent. Thanks guys

Got my stratified flash tune today, pretty impressive so far. Injen intake is the only mod I have besides the tune, I'm seeing 25.5psi at max boost. Afr look to be around 11.2 at wot 93oct. I need to upload a data log and have another look, but so far money well spent. Thanks guys
Cheers, glad you're enjoying it!

After doing some reasearch on boost pressure, is the 25psi I'm seeing peak too much for the stock turbo? By redline it's tapered down to around 20psi. I've only done a few pulls with the tune so will those numbers potentially come down some? Thanks

brbauer2

After doing some reasearch on boost pressure, is the 25psi I'm seeing peak too much for the stock turbo? By redline it's tapered down to around 20psi. I've only done a few pulls with the tune so will those numbers potentially come down some? Thanks
I peak in the low 26s with a revised flash tune and I'm nowhere near 20 @ redline, more like mid 13s.

brbauer2

Boost at redline can depend a lot on the mods you have, do you have an aftermarket downpipe?
going to be getting one in the mail Saturday and hopefully installed within the week.

I was going to give you guys a call and ask some questions about my build/tune path in the very near future.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

going to be getting one in the mail Saturday and hopefully installed within the week.

I was going to give you guys a call and ask some questions about my build/tune path in the very near future.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Please don't hesitate to call - M-f 9-5:30 pacific.

http://www.datazap.me/u/danjeng60/st...4-8-13&mark=71
This is a bit misleading... looking at the datazap you are holding 20psi to about 5500 rpms when you let off which isn't redline. If you held it past 6k rpms it would taper down much more.

J2FoRS

Mine seems good. Way better than Cobb stage 2/3 and Randys stage 2.

My car is an asshole though and I have a leak at ~23 PSI so still havent really been able to take full advantage. But in town the driveability is amazing now, and I really like the 1st,2nd power available. If i ever find my leak, I'll how she really pulls.