Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified tuning and hybrid turbo

AzNightmare

Is anyone with a Whoosh hybrid or S280 using Stratified as their tuner?
He used to be one of the popular tuners for this platform but it seems like he hasn't been active in here for a couple years now. I went away for a couple of years as well and now I noticed they're not even listed in the sponsor section anymore and no one seems to talk about using them now (as everyone seems to be going with Dizzy).

I know he did a lot of tuning for Pumaspeed turbos back in the day and I'm sure a good tuner can tune any turbo, but it would be nice if anyone had any personal experience they can share with him working on more modern turbos. It just seems kind of strange that he doesn't seem that popular anymore, unless something happened?..

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Im about to order an updated tune for my car, but im still on the factory turbo.

Im sure he is still busy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I Run A BT Gen2 and Alex Tuned my FiST. Great guy very knowledgeable. They are super busy .....I've had to wait a week and some days to get revisions. But I just enjoy his current revision until the New Tune arrives.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
AzNightmare

AzNightmare

Thread Starter #5
here is something to think about is it alex or his junior engineers that do the tune????
I think his juniors are probably doing it the flash tunes and he probably does a review before it gets sent out. They're probably somewhat "OTS" based on the combination of mods you have and the options you buy. I've bought several of his flash tunes in the past and have been a happy customer.

I assume he would micromanage the pro tunes though. But I guess I'm just wondering if he actually gets any customers with specifically the whoosh or S280 since no one's talking about him and I don't really want to be his test experiment, lol.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I have a Pumaspeed X47 93 tune from Jared at Stratified. Love it. I use Tune+ e30 now. Both are outstanding. Tune+ is less expensive for multiple fuels and more responsive to emails in my experience. They also developed a HPFP/Injector upgrade for our cars which is MUCH appreciated.

haste

1000 Post Club
Can't go wrong with Adam(Tune+), imo. I used him over 5 years ago with my x37 and he is still responsive to changes. Emailed him last fall about my final drive conversion and I had a new tune in no time.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Can't go wrong with Adam(Tune+), imo. I used him over 5 years ago with my x37 and he is still responsive to changes. Emailed him last fall about my final drive conversion and I had a new tune in no time.
Ok talk to me about the final drive change, how do you like it? I'm having trouble finding people that have done it.

haste

1000 Post Club
Ok talk to me about the final drive change, how do you like it? I'm having trouble finding people that have done it.
Love it and wouldn't go back. I keep up with my friend who has the whoosh hybrid. I actually shift the car less now because I'm in the power band more often than not.

Coupled with the LSD and some sticky tires, the car is a rocket and hooks up great.

The revs are a little higher during highway driving but I don't notice any extra noise in the cabin. I actually have less noise because it brings the RPMs past the typical drone range of this engine.

Not sure if you are aware or not but the final drive comes from the new generation Fiesta ST that is sold in Europe. That's saying something right there. I think it's also one of the reasons the 3 cylinder stock for stock out drags the 1.6 so easily. There are YouTube videos for comparison

I have one stretch of road near me that I frequent and it has one small straight. I'm 5mph faster at the end of the straight with the new final drive compared to the factory final drive.

haste,this is the first time i ever heard of a final drive tune. can you please explain it in detail.what does the tune do to the car?

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Love it and wouldn't go back. I keep up with my friend who has the whoosh hybrid. I actually shift the car less now because I'm in the power band more often than not.

Coupled with the LSD and some sticky tires, the car is a rocket and hooks up great.

The revs are a little higher during highway driving but I don't notice any extra noise in the cabin. I actually have less noise because it brings the RPMs past the typical drone range of this engine.

Not sure if you are aware or not but the final drive comes from the new generation Fiesta ST that is sold in Europe. That's saying something right there. I think it's also one of the reasons the 3 cylinder stock for stock out drags the 1.6 so easily. There are YouTube videos for comparison

I have one stretch of road near me that I frequent and it has one small straight. I'm 5mph faster at the end of the straight with the new final drive compared to the factory final drive.
Interesting. Is there a chart somewhere with the top speed of each gear? I'm planning to do LSD and clutch this winter. Gear change was on my radar too but hadn't heard much about it. Only downside seems to be higher rpms when cruising on the highway.

haste

1000 Post Club
haste,this is the first time i ever heard of a final drive tune. can you please explain it in detail.what does the tune do to the car?
It's just a parameter in the ECU for the axle ratio. The tuner just changes it as needed. If it isn't changed the cruise control and rev matching act really wonky because the engine ecu thinks you are going at a different rate of speed than you really are.

Interesting. Is there a chart somewhere with the top speed of each gear? I'm planning to do LSD and clutch this winter. Gear change was on my radar too but hadn't heard much about it. Only downside seems to be higher rpms when cruising on the highway.
https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/products/ford-fiesta-st-2014-2018-4-3-1-final-drive

There is a little bit of info there.

I'm sure you could find a gear ratio calculator somewhere to get the exact speeds.