Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sub Box Update

antarctica24

So much progress has been made on the sub enclosure. It has 1.93cu. ft. per side which will support the Morel Subs playing down to 10Hertz. The sub box will be covered in the same material as the dash and radio pod and have 3/8" aluminum end caps. The Amp rack will mount behind the sub box. The box walls are 1.5" thick comprised of 3/4 MDF and 3/4 Birch that have been sandwiched together. The inner walls are 1.5" thick comprised of sandwiched 3/4 MDF. The inner walls were covered in 1/2 inch dense cellular foam and loctite foam adhesive was used to secure it to the box. Then pyramid sound cancellation foam was attached to the walls to reduce standing wave inside the enclosure. The baffle rings are 2" thick 6061 aluminum. They are studded through the box then bolts screw up to secure them to the box, then the subs are bolted to the rings. The box was glued and then screwed to help the glue cure. Screws are 3" long and are used all around the box.
(.jpg box1.jpg box2.jpg box3.jpg box5.jpg box6.jpg box7.jpg

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Well, your 1.93 is now less given the amount of foam you have in there. Did you factor that into the equation?

I see the butyl mat on the rear floor. Did you do any sound deadening on the foot wells, roof or sidewalls?

I'd rather be in the box than in front of it in an accident. Def more safe. Your box is worth more than the car now... Rock on!

OP
antarctica24

antarctica24

Thread Starter #3
Well, your 1.93 is now less given the amount of foam you have in there. Did you factor that into the equation?

I see the butyl mat on the rear floor. Did you do any sound deadening on the foot wells, roof or sidewalls?

I'd rather be in the box than in front of it in an accident. Def more safe. Your box is worth more than the car now... Rock on!
So both deadening materials were used everywhere in the car. So the box will be secured to the rear seat latches. its not going anywhere. :) Yes I took the foam into consideration when I was calculating the air space.