Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Subwoofer Install Using Sync 3?

Has anyone installed an amp and sub without replacing the stock head unit? If so, how would this process work? Could you splice the speaker door wiring for the sub, but then how would you control the amount of bass?

Dialcaliper

PO installed a little Kenwood powered sub under the drivers seat - it appears to be spliced into the speaker wires, and has its own little remote to adjust bass, but it’s a “set and forget” type thing.

Once it’s set right, you can just adjust the bass and volume on the OEM Stereo/Sync. If I’m not mistaken, most Sub amplifiers have a low pass filter, and at least some have an adjustment

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Yes, tied into speaker wire on passenger side. Pioneer sub under the false floor and JL amp under passenger seat with a bass knob under my steering column. Probably the best upgrade I’ve made to the car. Factory stereo isn’t that bad once you take the bass out of it.

Installed a Blaupunkt 10" powered sub purchased from Amazon. Tied the sub amp audio feed wires to the rear speaker outputs at the head unit through a PAC audio line level converter. Installed the sub below the false floor on the right hand side, fed power cabling to battery down the driver side of the car and the audio feeds and amp remote control cabling down the passenger side of the car. The sub was very reasonably priced and it performs remarkably well. sub.jpg

I just installed a cheap 6x8 slim subwoofer under the drivers seat. I am very pleased with the sound and the install was super clean. Here is the unit I used. I spliced into the speaker wires running up into the B-pillar on the side to give it signal. The linked unit has a built in automatic power switch so you don't need to run a separate wire to an accessory circuit to turn it on and off, just the main power from the battery.