Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Suspension Setup for Comfort

I'm wanting a softer ride. Only suspension upgrade I have is just a Pierce 2 Point Brace. It's really flat here in Wichita and was wanting a better ride quality as in comfort. I do get on it around bends and corners, and not afraid to let the ass end swing out on its own.

I've driven 2016 Corvette Stingray and Camaro SS and holy cow those are so comfortable for being a sports car but then again look at the price for those. It better be comfortable and fast for the price you have to pay. Most uncomfortable sports car I've driven is a 13 Porshce 911 Base and I thought my fillings were going to rattle out.

Would coilovers be the way to go, and upgrade the sway bars and links? I've already done all the performance bolt ons except for a hybrid turbo. I'm also on 205/50R15 for tires, 205/45R17 for stock rims

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I went from 205/40/17 to 45 series and The ride feels way less harsh. I'm still on original springs and shocks. Not sure what else you could do. I would think coilovers would be stiffer ride.

16 inch wheel and taller tire. There is a lot of discussion about this in other posts of this section. Some people are changing the struts and shocks. There are a couple of paths to smoother ride quality, neither of which should be considered a wallet buster if your stock tires or suspension is nearing the end of useful life anyways.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I ran Koni Oranges with Eibach springs for a bit and hated it. Too cushy for me. Might be just what you're looking for.

I currently run Koni Oranges with Mountune springs, and 205/45/16 tires - I like it more than other setups I've tried. I don't believe the car can ever be truly "comfortable" to drive; and I've accepted it for what it is.

I'm wanting a softer ride. Only suspension upgrade I have is just a Pierce 2 Point Brace. It's really flat here in Wichita and was wanting a better ride quality as in comfort. I do get on it around bends and corners, and not afraid to let the ass end swing out on its own.
It seems you are maybe not far from my situation: https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/whats-your-fiesta-st-suspension-plan.1510/page-10#post-382680

danbfree

3000 Post Club
If you have a '17+ then the slightly softer shocks/strut they come with are a great match to Eibach springs... They are progressive and start with a touch of softness but as they compress they end up stiffer than the stock '17+ rate (the 'actual 14-'16 stock rate), lowers the car the perfect amount and really takes away the harshness without being too soft. Absolutely love mine, wish I did them sooner. These are also the ones to get if you want to help avoid squeaks and rattles developing as the ride is so much less harsh, but still very sporty. Very cost effective and again, work well with the '17+ updated shock/strut numbers that the earlier models can use too, but the earlier models also have a thinner front sway and rear torsion beam that may need upgrading too.

Last edited: