Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What's your Fiesta ST suspension plan?

What's your Fiesta ST suspension plan?

• Leave it stock

Votes: 92 24.9%
  • Lowering Springs

Votes: 109 29.5%
  • Coil-Overs

Votes: 167 45.1%
  • Air Suspension

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
First week in with the YCW's and Swift springs. The springs are more stiff than those that came w/ the ST Suspensions XTA's (8K/6K), but the ride is very controlled. The ride height adjustability on the fronts without pre-loading the springs makes for easier setup. This is a nice set of race-y coilovers for a street-y price.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^I would consider those IF they would build me a set with enough threading adjustment on the damper bodies/rear weight jackers which would allow the car to NOT be slammed (like from just a little lower {~0.5"} than factory ride height, to about 0.75" HIGHER THAN our factory ride height). [wink]

...If you go with the Koni Orange (Str.T) shocks, I would recommend that you use a stiffer or linear spring (i.e.: stock, swift, etc) and not the softer or progressive springs (i.e.: Mountune, Eibach, etc.)...
Interestingly, when Bilstein chose springs for their B14 coilovers to use on the FiST their engineers went with linear on the front and progressive on the rear. They do work well.

HBEcoBeaST

I'm waiting for the bilstein b14s for the regular fiesta to come back from backorder. I don't want much if any lowering, better ride and no loss of turn-in. I'm not sure if the fronts are progressive springs or not.

After adding my tb 2-point brace it really let me know how bad the struts are.

It's gonna be scale coilovers for me.
I wanna keep stock height, I want something properly valved, that wont mind a bit of winter salt. They are great value.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Interestingly, when Bilstein chose springs for their B14 coilovers to use on the FiST their engineers went with linear on the front and progressive on the rear. They do work well.
Sorry I haven't been as active lately in the forum and missed your reply...

The Koni orange shocks (Str.t) are somewhat softer than Bilsteins. They dont seem to work very well with the softer progressive springs. This is why these shocks have a reputation for being floaty because so many have paired them with progressive springs. With stiffer springs they work much better. In my experience they were floaty with eibach springs but comfortable on stock springs.

The bilsteins on the other hand are stiffer shocks. They would work better with progressive springs in general. I remember using my oem shocks with eibach springs and having good results there although the ride was a bit harsh on bumpy roads. I'd expect the b8s to work better in that situation since they are made for lowering springs with a shorter travel.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

My plan is to change the set-up completely. My 2015 ST has the useful set-up for fast and flat circuits and not for normal and bumpy roads.
First of all I disconnected one stabilizer link, so the stabilizer bar is not working any more. It makes the front of the car more calm.
Then I adapted the nonST softer rear beam to make the car more stable under heavy braking and not to have so much oversteer when going off gas.
Next was the order of the custom springs and shocks.
Adapted rear beam see photos:

Attachments

On normal bumpy roads I am more in the air than on the road and driving even when I want to go straight on.
When I go fast, of course...
When I go slow, is the set-up just unnecessary uncomfortable.
Spring rates are 30 kg/cm in front and 23 kg/cm in the rear.
Shock absorbers compression / rebound (measured at 100 RPM and 100 mm stroke) are:
Front 1100 / 1800 N
Rear 900/ 900 N
I have ordered set-up which works on normal roads.
Rallye set-up instead of racing set-up.
In one month about I will see, if the company did the job well.

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
On normal bumpy roads I am more in the air than on the road and driving even when I want to go straight on.
Going fast of course...
Shock absorbers compression / rebound (measured at 100 RPM and 100 mm stroke) are:
Front 1100 / 1800 N
Rear 900/ 900 N
In one month about I will se, if the company did the job well.
Is this a LOCAL company, and will they ship overseas??

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Going fast of course...
Front 1100 / 1800 N
Rear 900/ 900 N
In one month about I will se, if the company did the job well.
Interesting, please keep us updated...

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

I don´t think it will be easy in the rear, which is lightweight and where even small set-up change makes big difference in behavior.
Front axle will be much easier.
But OK, I have time and guys are ready for testing.
First of all they should produce the right springs and dampers.

I'm waiting on a suspension to actually increase the ride height a bit, kind of looking to like baha the fiesta

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'm waiting on a suspension to actually increase the ride height a bit, kind of looking to like baha the fiesta

The only affordable one which will allow that will be the Panda Motorworks valved/tuned, Neomax/Silvers coil over setup coming out soon.
I am STILL holding out on a suspension upgrade until I see what this kit does, and how it looks, despite some of the negatives/'ill will' towards Panda on this site. [wink]

Last edited:
The only affordable one which will allow that will be the panda Motorworks valved/tuned, Neomax/Silvers coil over setup coming out soon.
I am STILL holding out on a suspension upgrade until I see what this kit does, and how it looks, despite some of the negatives/'ill will' towards Panda on this site. [wink]
I have no idea about the ill will towards the company but ill definitely look into this setup when it comes out, ive got experience in waiting on upgrades as I still have an exhaust I bought in 2017 I haven't been able to put on. I have so many upgrades to put on but no time lol.

I just purchased a set of coilovers from TRU Motorsports here in Indianapolis. I plan on setting them up myself. I hope they will help keep my car even more stable on the track. Next maybe a splitter and defuser combo or a LSD but I can't do that one solo.

Attachments