Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Suspension upgrade for non-ST (sedan)

OP
D

Dave88LX

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #82
I want to make sure that I've got everything I need to do the install right on one weekend day without holdups so I can take it in for alignment Monday. Still trying to find shock boots and bump stops that fit the Bilstein B6's.
Hey did you ever figure out what bump stops or boots would work?

OP
D

Dave88LX

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #83
I have the H&R Triple-C camber bolts up front, and I highly recommend them. They are far beefier than the typical crash bolts, and I'd even trust them for light track duty, as they have a full diameter thread (M12) compared to the reduced M10 size camber bolts. They don't come with a torque spec because apparently they just expect you to torque them the same as normal M12 strut bolts (per factory manual), but since that doesn't work with our torque-to-yield bolts, I torqued them to 90 ft-lb (which is spec for a standard M12 10.9 bolt).

Not quite as good as real camber plates, but a solid alternative and much more trustworthy than the crappy traditional crash bolts.

The only downside to them is a) they're a bit of a bear to get in the hole, and b) they don't allow quite as much camber adjustment as the reduced diameter bolts. At stock ride height I was able to get about -2.0deg of camber in the front (about -1.5 from stock) with one maxed out and the other adjusted to match. Enough for the bare minimum to run a 200TW tire properly
Are these something I should add to my little project here?

OP
D

Dave88LX

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #84
This is getting out of control rather quickly. o_O

How are we looking here...

1709841340890.png

Last edited:
This is getting out of control rather quickly. o_O
Looks familiar! I'm refreshing mine this weekend and it's a pretty similar bill of materials. I'm just thinking of all the labor costs I'm saving doing it myself. Don't forget there are a number of one-time-use stretch bolts involved. People reuse them, but this is what the shop manual calls for discarding and replacing:

Pinch bolt and matching nuts = W709618-S442 + W520203-S442
LCA to Subframe bolts = W703432-S900
Front strut clevis bolts and matching nuts = W500742-S442 + W520214-S442
Endlink nuts = W715135-S440
Front strut top lock nuts = W700212-S442

I had to get some of mine from Tasca as RockAuto just didn't carry them.