Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SVT Rear Brake upgrade

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm going to say Slack in the driveline....I will have mine up on stands Possibly tomorrow for 4 Corner Brake job and an OC. I'll see if I can get a Video also to see if I'm in the same boat! Plus I'm doing the Rear SVT brackets and Rotors.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Slack would only cause the rotational clicking. Not the side to side play

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Just my 2¢ worth.
I have done thousands of brake jobs and never had a rear brake cause a shudder in the steering wheel.
Here is the list as I know it, with most likely first.

Front wheels/tires
Front rotors
Front wheel bearings
Front outer tie rod ends
Steering rack mounts
Steering rack

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The other Question should also be....What are the condition of the Tires? Tread wear pattern? This can explain a lot also.....

OP
zeddzik
Thread Starter #45
It was the driver's side ball joint, looks like heat from my overheating rotors disintegrated parts of the rubber boots on both the driver's and passengers side but only the driver's side is making noise.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Hopefully these are a separate part and you dont have to replace the whole control arm.

OP
zeddzik
Thread Starter #47
Nope not a separate part unfortunately so I might just go with the DNA Lower control arms so I get a nice upgrade and don't have to worry about having to buy a whole control arm if this happens again. My only concern with the DNA kit is with the quality of the welds bit what do y'all think?

@ron@whoosh Any deals going on that work for the DNA LCA kit?

Nope not a separate part unfortunately so I might just go with the DNA Lower control arms so I get a nice upgrade and don't have to worry about having to buy a whole control arm if this happens again. My only concern with the DNA kit is with the quality of the welds bit what do y'all think?

@ron@whoosh Any deals going on that work for the DNA LCA kit?

Not integral part of the lower control arm, the ball joints can be replaced:
View: https://youtu.be/POhE_6ERYwc

Good luck fixing it 😉

OP
zeddzik
Thread Starter #49
Not integral part of the lower control arm, the ball joints can be replaced:
View: https://youtu.be/POhE_6ERYwc

Good luck fixing it 😉
I was thinking about doing that but I just used it as an excuse to get the tubular control arms haha I'll make a post and review when they show up but unfortunately with the current situation it might take a couple weeks.