Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Swaybar setup.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Since i own an early build 16 car ( so still has 2014 swaybar, spring and shock).

And i went and put the softer 17. Springs with new 17 struts and shocks on it. Im looking at a sway bar set to tighten the car back down handling wise. Any brands to avoid? I had eibach sways on my old focus and they were great. Thinking about the full ST. Suspension set however. Was looking for feedback if anyone has aftermarket sways on a mostly stock suspension car.

Looking for thoughts on this as well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Our cars do not respond well to rear sways it tends to make the oversteer more sudden. I have first hand experience with that now . I will probably remove and sell my Hotchkis because of it. As far as you doing the Suspension change yes you need the larger front bar and our cars do react really well to larger front bars. I have a 18 so my car came with the larger front bar and the 30% stiffer rear twist beam. Which probably is not helping the fact with a rear swaybar in the mix . Thinking of that a rear sway might help but you also could put a twist beam brace. D-Reasonant runs the Pierce and points out reasons for it. Though ya that would bring your twist beam more in line with my stock 18 twist beam essentially you would have a car that reacts like a 16+ vs early years.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
I have a twist beam brace in there currently. Which may be making the small front bar more pronounced. ( its a garage made unit from canada)

The nose has a bit more motion than id like. How big is the 16+ bar compared to the 14-15 bar?

If finances work out i may just pony up for a set of eibachs and ditch the twist brace.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
For years I've been running the Cobb setup, which is rebranded Eibach. Installed both front and rear with the Pierce torsion bar and lower tie bar. MeisterR coils for the bouncy stuff. I don't experience the oversteer so many fellow owners speak of. But i have a '16 which isn't as stiff in the rear as later models...Yes i can get the tail to step out but it's nothing that feels out of control at all. It's NEVER caught me by surprise. The tail has always gradually started to come around and only on specific on/off ramps I frequent on my daily travels. Most times it's just a gradual& quick 4 wheel drift. It's a shit ton of fun. And the car corners absolutely flat with almost no roll. I've run sways on all my project cars and I have no regrets running them on our platform.