Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Swift Spring Sizes

Peterson

Premium Account
I’m looking to get Swift Springs for my BC coilovers. I’d like to go 8K/7K spring rates. I’m not sure what the diameter of springs I need, and what I would even use in the rear with our divorced spring setup. Short of ordering from BCRacing directly, I’d like to shop around to find good prices, or even if there’s a used Spring market out there.

Any help or info would be appreciated.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I’m looking to get Swift Springs for my BC coilovers. I’d like to go 8K/7K spring rates. I’m not sure what the diameter of springs I need, and what I would even use in the rear with our divorced spring setup. Short of ordering from BCRacing directly, I’d like to shop around to find good prices, or even if there’s a used Spring market out there.

Any help or info would be appreciated.
Call Swift*

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

kevinatfms

I grabbed 7" x 2.5" diameter springs and 6" x 2.5" diameter diameter springs for my Bilstein kit. I also have an HSD kit here and they measure the same lengths. 7" front length with helper springs(although they are basically 100% compressed) and 6" rear length with helper springs(they are secure with full droop of the axle).

I do use helper springs though. So you may want to increase the rear to 7" length to account for not having a helper spring to keep it secured into the beam pocket.

kevinatfms

Just an update on lengths:

7" front is at the very lowest setting on the B14 front dampers. So a 6" w/ helper spring up front would more ideal if you wanted to go lower. I am right at 1.5" from fender to top to top of tire up front with -3 of camber.

6" in the rear is adequate with helper springs. A 7" or 8" long spring would afford more height adjustment if you wanted to raise the rear of the car higher than 1.5" or so from the rear fender to tire. With an 8" spring you might even be able to remove the adjuster as it does not sag like a lower rate spring.

I plan on swapping mine back to front to run a little lower than my current height front to rear. 7" will work up front if using a fully threaded damper. My B14 front damper stops a few inches above the sway bar tab. A 6" spring will work also and give you more adjustment but i would make sure to have a helper spring added(if you dont have them) to take up any slack if they are unloaded. Out back a 6" spring is at the highest point of the adjuster. It will work but i am swapping to the 7" long spring to put the adjustment right in the middle. I will my ride height as close to my 1" drop from the Swift lowering springs as that height did not introduce bump steer issues.

A set of HSD Mono Pro coilovers i have laying around use 7" springs up front and 7" springs out back but with an adjustable lower cup to keep travel as long as possible but lower the car.