Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sync 3 - how do i get my own wallpapers?! - help

Samuel

[histerical]

Hey Guys I have 2016 Fiesta ST and I cant figure out how to add a custom wallpaper. I have sync 3 and I watched some videos online and its not for sync3. If anyone can help me with this iissue I would appreciate it.

thanks, Sam

From what I have read online, it is currently NOT possible to change the wallpaper on Sync 3, there might be a way in the future, but currently you cannot :/ I'm in the same boat

Bluedrank

Eventually there is an update coming out that will add new features. You'll be able to use Apple carplay and Android auto. If I had to bet, I'd wager that it will be release some time around when the 2017 models hit the showroom.

Deli

I didn't like the white/light blue at all, so I just changed it to stay on the "night mode" screen all the time with the black background. It'll do for now until I get the android auto.

Hey everyone!

The ability to add wallpaper to SYNC 3 is not available at this time. I'm unable speculate if the feature will be added in a later update. I suggest sharing your ideas on our Social site: Social.Ford.com Our engineers monitor the site for feedback.

[MENTION=2474]FordIVTteam[/MENTION] maybe they can shed some light.
CanadianGuy,

Thanks for summoning us!

Shaay

What, you don't like the Windows 95-styled GUI? The light blue adds a modern touch. Seriously, the older versions with the black background look much better.

So no wallpapers for the Sync 3?
Not currently, no. No telling if the much talked about coming update will add that or not. I'm fine with how it is myself. What bothers me is that the Sync3 system is said to be so fast...and unless I got a defective unit, fast is a very relative term because mine is not "fast".

Bluedrank

Not currently, no. No telling if the much talked about coming update will add that or not. I'm fine with how it is myself. What bothers me is that the Sync3 system is said to be so fast...and unless I got a defective unit, fast is a very relative term because mine is not "fast".
I do believe it's a bit quicker than sync 2 was though. I'm sure the hardware specs are still shockingly low though.

Never had Sync2, but my Sync3 isn't anything amazing. It's buggy and freezes a lot. It's not uncommon for me to have to play with it for 5 minutes or so to get it to display what radio station I'm on if I change from another input mode (bluetooth, pandora, aux, AM, etc.), as it freezes the screen and will not show the screen for the FM station selection. It will still play everything fine, but I'm blind.

Hopefully this Android Auto actually comes to us and is actually pretty good.

Bluedrank

Never had Sync2, but my Sync3 isn't anything amazing. It's buggy and freezes a lot. It's not uncommon for me to have to play with it for 5 minutes or so to get it to display what radio station I'm on if I change from another input mode (bluetooth, pandora, aux, AM, etc.), as it freezes the screen and will not show the screen for the FM station selection. It will still play everything fine, but I'm blind.

Well that's completely abnormal. It works fine on my 16. Everything should pretty much be immediate when you press a button or change inputs / stations. I'd take it to the dealership to get that figured out.

I should, but it's not so much of an inconvenience that I can deal with their BS for a few hours just to tell me "well, we couldn't get it to replicate the issue so everything is normal." For now, I'll just moan and gripe on the interwebz [twothumb]

Mine hasn't frozen much. What I get is a very obvious lag (1/2 a second to a second) when touching any touchscreen buttons that's annoying when you're parked, and almost dangerous to use when driving because you have to look at your screen way too long or too often to see if it registered of I accidentally hit the wrong button or whatever. I have used the MFT system in other cars briefly, at the time I wasn't paying attention to slowness, but I don't remember it being super quick, but not also not abnormally slow. But the Sync3 system was touted as amazingly fast like a smartphone. I guess my Sync3 system is like my smartphone because my current smartphone sucks...but that's not how it's supposed to be. When my smartphone is working as it should the touch is registered immediately, not 1/2 a second to a second later.

One review I'm looking at says it has a capacitive touchscreen. As far as I can tell this is incorrect for my car. Capacitve touchscreens are made of glass like smartphones, tablets, and touchscreen laptops. Mine is a plastic matte screen that seems more like a resistive touchscreen. I don't claim to be the know all about touchscreen technology so maybe mine is capacitive, but it's not like a smartphone touchscreen... What material is you guys screens made out of? I have an early build 2016 so it's one of the first Fiestas with the Sync3 system. Maybe they revised the screen later?

Mine hasn't frozen much. What I get is a very obvious lag (1/2 a second to a second) when touching any touchscreen buttons that's annoying when you're parked, and almost dangerous to use when driving because you have to look at your screen way too long or too often to see if it registered of I accidentally hit the wrong button or whatever. I have used the MFT system in other cars briefly, at the time I wasn't paying attention to slowness, but I don't remember it being super quick, but not also not abnormally slow. But the Sync3 system was touted as amazingly fast like a smartphone. I guess my Sync3 system is like my smartphone because my current smartphone sucks...but that's not how it's supposed to be. When my smartphone is working as it should the touch is registered immediately, not 1/2 a second to a second later.

One review I'm looking at says it has a capacitive touchscreen. As far as I can tell this is incorrect for my car. Capacitve touchscreens are made of glass like smartphones, tablets, and touchscreen laptops. Mine is a plastic matte screen that seems more like a resistive touchscreen. I don't claim to be the know all about touchscreen technology so maybe mine is capacitive, but it's not like a smartphone touchscreen... What material is you guys screens made out of? I have an early build 2016 so it's one of the first Fiestas with the Sync3 system. Maybe they revised the screen later?

Hi Sil3nt611 & 92FOX,

Please be sure to see your dealer so they can diagnose and correct the issue. Keep me in the loop.

Shaay

Hi Sil3nt611 & 92FOX,

Please be sure to see your dealer so they can diagnose and correct the issue. Keep me in the loop.

Shaay
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Yeah, if you have a problem, be sure to see your dealer, so they can stare at each other and figure out a way to have you pay for a problem you didn't have when you brought it to them.

I once had a certified SVT tech ask me if my gt500 was supercharged, standing next to it with the hood open.

Yeah, same dealer tried to charge me for the airbag recall. Keep up the good dealer training ford. And I'm one of your best customers. That's why I have to spend hours combing forums and Internet sites to get accurate information.

sorry for bumping an old thread, i just purchased mine and was doing a bit of searching for things. While I don't have any lag in my display (my ST was manufactured in june so probably one of the last of the 16s) I do have the same matte screen and can confirm it is in fact capacitive. It might seem weird but capacitance is measure by it's ability to display changes in electricity which yields a better response. And having messed a bit with a My Lincoln Touch it is indeed much more responsive. Most companies use a glass surface because it's smoother and more "luxurious" to the touch and I sat in the Continental and it had a glass display, but the fiesta is the lowest model line so i expect that corner to have been cut.

sorry for bumping an old thread, i just purchased mine and was doing a bit of searching for things. While I don't have any lag in my display (my ST was manufactured in june so probably one of the last of the 16s) I do have the same matte screen and can confirm it is in fact capacitive. It might seem weird but capacitance is measure by it's ability to display changes in electricity which yields a better response. And having messed a bit with a My Lincoln Touch it is indeed much more responsive. Most companies use a glass surface because it's smoother and more "luxurious" to the touch and I sat in the Continental and it had a glass display, but the fiesta is the lowest model line so i expect that corner to have been cut.
An easy way to tell the difference is to try something other than your finger on the screen. If it is capacitance, not much else will work, if it is resistive, almost anything will work, such as a pen/pencil anything blunt

that too, but i'm not trying to put anything pointy near my new screen haha!

There's still some residue left from peeling the protective sticker off my screen, I need to get some alcohol prep.