Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TB Performance 2-point Traction Bar + Tostion Bar

HBEcoBeaST

I know there's a few reviews, but here's my take. Installed the 2-point traction bar about a month ago and holy crap I love it. I feel the bar holding the wheels down and it all but eliminates bump steer, wheel hop and torque steer. Front end body roll is also greatly reduced and steering turn in response and feel are increased as well. Anyone that drives in a spirited or excited manner and isn't running one of these is really missing out. Haven't had any clearance issues and I drive on some pretty bad roads and steep driveways. Solid 10/10.

Rear torsion bar was installed this week and while not as noticeable as the front traction bar, it does make a very noticeable improvement to how the car handles. The feeling is very similar to having upgraded sway bars as the vehicle roll and tendency to 'waft' before it dives into turns is greatly reduced. The car feels flat, especially at freeway+ speeds and during long sweeping turns. Another unexpected result is that steering response is also slightly improved/quickened, which I was not expecting from a rear bar. Maybe it's the lack of body roll that causes this, but it is an added bonus. I installed only with the parts provided and not with any "bushing mods" like I've seen others do. I like to keep it simple. Again, a solid 10/10.

I will have to say there is honestly one con to this set up as I've noticed slightly more vibration/feedback from the steering wheel especially at freeway speed. It doesn't feel like anything is 'wrong' like alignment or tire problems, just a bit more feedback from the road. I don't mind since this is a FiST, but I want to leave a 100% honest review and not leave anything out. Steering wheel vibrations are not bad at all and anyone that hadn't driven the car before the mods wouldn't even notice.

Interested to see how these pair with my future Bilstein B14s when someone gets them back in stock.

These braces are amazing for the pricepoint, fitment was perfect and shipping was fast. A+ company to do business with.

I have the same setup and agree with everything you said. I believe for the price it’s the best first suspension modification you can do to your car.

Whoosh has a Trac Bar for less which is also great quality in many different colors if you are trying to stretch that mod budget out a bit!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

TemecFist

Whoosh has a Trac Bar for less which is also great quality in many different colors if you are trying to stretch that mod budget out a bit!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
The whoosh bar looks like a knock off version of the Pierce bar, except in mild steel instead of chromoly (wtf?). Lmao.

I know I'm adding to an old thread but I wanted to share my experience with getting TB Performance traction and torsion bars and didn't see the need to create a completely new thread. That said...

A couple months ago I was in the market for a traction bar and trunk bracing for my FiST that I use for track days. Main reason for the track bar was all the wheel hop I was getting coming out of a couple of the corners at the track I go to. Trunk bracing was for...well...just because I suspected it would help. I intended to buy both parts from Ron @ Whoosh but his track bar was out of stock indefinitely. I did some searching and found a lot of good reviews about TB Performance. The price was more than Whoosh but after learning it's one guy making the bars in his shop I was sold. I always try to support smaller companies if they're making good products.

Order was placed and about a week later the bar arrived. The bar looked good until I went to install it...it was about an inch wider than where the mounting bolts. Shit. I emailed Danny at TB the measurements of the bar and he got back to me in an hour to confirm I got the wrong part. It wasn't a big deal, I just hoped to have a replacement by a track day I had scheduled in a week. My replacement arrived quickly and Danny threw in few "goodies" in the box for the mishap including a torsion bar! Installation was a breeze with the correct parts, I think less than an hour with everything fitting perfectly.

The results? I won't say I can tell the difference on the street, partly because I went from OEM wheels with all season tires to my lighter track wheels and tires at the same time as the install. What I can say is there was a huge improvement on the track. Wheel hop has almost been eliminated and things do feel a bit tighter. And this is somewhat confounding but on a 2.3 mile road course, I improved my time by over 2 seconds from the previous track day. (Disclaimer: there could be some skill improvement in there as well as the benefits of the trunk brace)

Anyway that's a long winded way of saying I highly recommend TB Performance if you're in market for some chassis bracing. Good products made by good people. (y)