Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Text message notification spamming the screen randomly when receiving a text

I've had this odd random issue with the Sync/MFT where I will receive a text message, and receive the notification on the screen, and then suddenly i will start receiving a whole slew of notifications on the screen of past text messages. Some going back as far as 3 months prior. All messages that were received, 3 months prior (the car is only 2 weeks old, so I'm not sure whats happening here).

I could live without the text message notification anyway, so right now i have it turned off, but it is a nice feature to have to be able to have the message read when driving.

The problem is intermittent - but it happens semi-frequently. I'd say it works properly for about 80% of the texts received. This isnt a very good performance rating, but just to show how its random. Sometimes it'll happen twice in a row, other times it works fine for days on end. My usual while-driving fix is to just hit do not disturb or hit bluetooth off on my phone so it cuts the connection. Once i reconnect it's usually fine.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is there a fix or a software upgrade?

Thanks,

- Phil

me32

1000 Post Club
What phone do you have? Might be a phone software issue cause ive never had that issue on my note 4 or S3

TheStig

Mine did this once with my S5 awhile back. I was receiving a reply when I got it and it must have hit as soon as i turned the car on, for the next 5 minutes i got a notification on the screen every 5 seconds or so.

Since then it has not happened at all, plus I turned text notifications off afew months ago. It became annoying going off every couple of minutes.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Your car is too new to have this kind of problem and it is still under warranty.
I would suggest you first un-pair your phone then let your dealer reload your Sync software.
This way it is on record therefore noted incase you ever have future problems.

Dave

Hello Phil_R,

Try performing a soft reset to the phone by holding the POWER and VOLUME UP buttons for 10 seconds. The phone should restart and automatically connect to the MyFord Touch system. If the text message notification issue persists, I recommend performing a master reset. Here are the instructions: http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-...hone-setup/how-to-perform-a-master-reset.html

Log into your account at: http://owner.ford.com/ and click the SYNC & HOW TOS tab. Next, click CHECK FOR SOFTWARE UPDATES to see what is available for your MyFord Touch system. It is always a good idea to keep the software up to date. Let us know if any questions come up!

Kim

Mine did this once with my S5 awhile back. I was receiving a reply when I got it and it must have hit as soon as i turned the car on, for the next 5 minutes i got a notification on the screen every 5 seconds or so.

Since then it has not happened at all, plus I turned text notifications off afew months ago. It became annoying going off every couple of minutes.
Hey The Stig,

Let me know if you decide to turn the text messaging feature back on and still notice the issue. I'll be happy to assist with troubleshooting. [:)]

Kim

TheStig

Hello Phil_R,

Try performing a soft reset to the phone by holding the POWER and VOLUME UP buttons for 10 seconds. The phone should restart and automatically connect to the MyFord Touch system. If the text message notification issue persists, I recommend performing a master reset. Here are the instructions: http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-...hone-setup/how-to-perform-a-master-reset.html

Log into your account at: http://owner.ford.com/ and click the SYNC & HOW TOS tab. Next, click CHECK FOR SOFTWARE UPDATES to see what is available for your MyFord Touch system. It is always a good idea to keep the software up to date. Let us know if any questions come up!

Kim

Hey The Stig,

Let me know if you decide to turn the text messaging feature back on and still notice the issue. I'll be happy to assist with troubleshooting. [:)]

Kim
Kim,

Im not nearly as popular as teenagers these days but my phone goes off enough that I had to shut that feature off, i liked it, but when im hearing more texts than music we got issues lol.

Thank you for the reply though!