Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The Best High Performance AS Tires

Ha ha ha Ive never had so much fun learning nothing. [cheers]
I mean that’s essentially what you are looking for, to learn nothing. You are asking for opinions, not realistically comparable data. No two people here are going to have gone through the exact same weather and no two people are going to drive the exact same. A rainstorm to me could mean a greyout to you. I might drive more cautiously through snow than most so I’ve never felt the Michelin’s lose grip in the snow but someone else may swear that they are a terrible tire in the snow. That’s the thing about opinions, there is no frame of reference because they vary so much.

Goodyear assurances on my Fusion felt about as good as the current Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3+ does on my Fiesta ST. What does that tell you? Nothing.

In fact most all season tires I’ve had on any of my vehicles feel pretty similar to the Pilot Sport AS 3+.

While I’ve had my fun poking at this thread, I’ve also submitted some of the only actually comparable info which you have since made abundantly clear isn’t the type of thing you are interested in.

Go with some Ling Longs.

Go with a Kumho and 3 used tires.

Go with what you have.

It doesn’t matter because it’s an all season tire and all season tires are the biggest compromise you can make on any car. The only question you actually need answered is whether or not the Michelin are worth the price premium. For AS tires, IMO, they absolutely are not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Id just roll some Snow tires if there is a chance of snow! No more A/S poo poo....Just summers and winters run around here!

I have nothing better to do so ill share my thoughts, as doomsday said if you are in snow you run snow tires and that's that. Even the best "all season" tires won't get good traction in actual snowy roads . You need real snow tires for snow , or snow chains. As far as wet or rainy conditions , most summer tires actually do better than all season tires in wet conditions. So as most people are trying to tell you ( which no offense but you seem very ungrateful about ) , all season tires are almost worthless , especially on a sporty car or for spirited driving ( there are exceptions ). So if you have the chance to swap tires get a decent set of summer tires and relatively cheap set of snow tires, or summer tires + snow chains if you are travelling and run into bad snow and have to keep driving. AS3's that come with some fiestas are probably one of the best all season tires you can get for the money. Best all around tire for dry + wet conditions ( daily friendly ) is conti ecs or michelin ps4 , pair those with some snow chains if you have to and you got a decent do it all tire.

Jerickson88

215/40 17 Federal Formoza FD2.

was a decent tire. Definitely not a summer tire, and when my RS-RR wears out, I'll pick up another set.

They did OK in NC last year with snow on the mountain.

Well aint this a clusterfuck of a thread...

I don't agree with his attitude, but I definitely agree with where OP is coming from. I live in the midwest where our weather is entirely unpredictable. I've been really liking the A/S3s that came on my FiST as a three season tire. they grip well in the dry and don't scare me in the rain.

My last car I ran Eagle F1s and Winterforce 2s. both were fantastic in their elements but I was forced to run my winters well into May as March and April are too volatile in weather. One day could be 80 and the next 30 and snowing. the F1s turn to hockey pucks in 40F and lower and I was afraid to trust them.

I also hate true all seasons. They suck. But I think performance A/S (used as 3 seasons in the colder places) are a very good choice for a daily. I can put them on in March and if it gets cold again for a few days I don't feel unsafe driving my car, yet they perform more than well enough to have fun in the warm and dry.

I was hoping to get more input on the 3 season/ Performance All Season tires if anyone found ones they enjoyed more than the A/S3s in this thread

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #48
Well aint this a clusterfuck of a thread...

I don't agree with his attitude, but I definitely agree with where OP is coming from. I live in the midwest where our weather is entirely unpredictable. I've been really liking the A/S3s that came on my FiST as a three season tire. they grip well in the dry and don't scare me in the rain.

My last car I ran Eagle F1s and Winterforce 2s. both were fantastic in their elements but I was forced to run my winters well into May as March and April are too volatile in weather. One day could be 80 and the next 30 and snowing. the F1s turn to hockey pucks in 40F and lower and I was afraid to trust them.

I also hate true all seasons. They suck. But I think performance A/S (used as 3 seasons in the colder places) are a very good choice for a daily. I can put them on in March and if it gets cold again for a few days I don't feel unsafe driving my car, yet they perform more than well enough to have fun in the warm and dry.

I was hoping to get more input on the 3 season/ Performance All Season tires if anyone found ones they enjoyed more than the A/S3s in this thread
Just having a little fun in here. Sorry you missed out. Preconceived notions about someone or their intentions is like farting in an elevator. Nobody enjoys it.

No I didn’t. It went sideways and I rolled with it. I was laughing the whole time
Nah, I know what you did here. You know you should take it easy on these guys they aren't used to dealing with trolls on a forum like this.

The Neo Gen's aren't bad in my opinion, I run those currently. Seems like a lot of the Miata guys run those for there DD's. I probably wouldn't run them as a track tire, but I think their street performance is great. However I am on a stock tune, sooo not sure about you high horsepower peeps. A few people on those forums have commented on their lack of traction in the rain but I've not noticed that at all, I've been through some daggum monsoons here recently and haven't had a problem

Threads like this is exactly why the ST community wonders why other car enthusiasts think we're a bunch of mouthbreathers.

OP run whatever tires you like, odds are you're probably not gonna see any snow in mid-July unless you plan on going up to some mountain ranges on your trip.

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #58
Threads like this is exactly why the ST community wonders why other car enthusiasts think we're a bunch of mouthbreathers.

OP run whatever tires you like, odds are you're probably not gonna see any snow in mid-July unless you plan on going up to some mountain ranges on your trip.
Were you part of the thread when it happened? No you weren’t. The trip is in October btw. Go put hybrid on your car

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #59
People come in here with no sense of humor and a start slinging accusations. If you are so worried about what FoST owners think go buy one. You are piling on to an imaginary pile. Go make your own thread. The reason this thread went bad are from negative comments from people who had no idea what happened here. This place is becoming a nursery school.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I put the Gmax on at 32K when the RE050A's finally wore out. Am very happy with both wet and dry performance and less noise. Not to mention the were $547 total installed. New OEM's were $1300 locally. Now $653 at tire rack plus ridiculous local installation. Can't do much better if you want good tires. Wanted the Goodyear's but they are discontinued in our size. If I could justify the cost I loved the OEM's........