Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The NEW: revo RT330 turbo kit is here!

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

NS2727

Hi guys, i'm from the UK. Is there an update on this issue for people who are not in the "chat"? As a person who has recently ordered this turbo kit, i am concerned with regards to the reliability of the product...

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hi guys, i'm from the UK. Is there an update on this issue for people who are not in the "chat"? As a person who has recently ordered this turbo kit, i am concerned with regards to the reliability of the product...
Cancel your order

deego

Cancel your order and hope they haven't shipped so you can get your money back. I bought from another dealer, so this isn't a comment on how Ron is handling things. I've seen enough to say Revo should be avoided.

Both the guys who have commented, along with myself own this turbo. Cancel it. Stay far away from Revo.

Id also like to be in "the chat" I have only found all this today as no one uk side is making a big deal of any RT330 issues, I am litterally waiting on a tuner to let me know when I can get this fitted,

Id be running the Revo flash so initially thought I would be unlikely to see the issue, but the track and SA video is a little worrying, conviniently I live in the same town as Revo HQ and the car used in the lauch video is a guy in my local ford club, might stop by and speak to them,

Every great company has had some kind of recall at some point - it's how they acknowledged and handled it that made them or broke them. This kind of thing is a turning point for companies like Revo, who can do really well in the US market. It'll either scare people off for good or reassure them that this company takes risk away by standing behind their products.

I feel for Ron, he's just a middle man, don't blame him. Sounds like he's trying to do his part.

I've been paying attention to this because I liked the concept of the Revo kit and was considering it. Sounds like it's a beta level product that shouldn't have been released. However, the final revision will probably be really, really nice. Glad I wasn't one of the "beta testers" but I won't rule out a 2nd revision of this kit, depending on how Revo handles this. I think this can turn into a good thing if they exchange everyone's turbo for a revised unit. A core charge would be fine if they need some funds to help soak up the hit on their end in the meantime. Eventually they'd come out right side up after 2nd revision kits get some good press and testing and then sell like hotcakes.

Basically i'd love to see two things:

-exchange for revised turbo (not entire kit or refund necessarily) so people are taken care of

-2nd revision kit that works as good as OEM so I can buy one...

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Every great company has had some kind of recall at some point - it's how they acknowledged and handled it that made them or broke them. This kind of thing is a turning point for companies like Revo, who can do really well in the US market. It'll either scare people off for good or reassure them that this company takes risk away by standing behind their products.

I feel for Ron, he's just a middle man, don't blame him. Sounds like he's trying to do his part.

I've been paying attention to this because I liked the concept of the Revo kit and was considering it. Sounds like it's a beta level product that shouldn't have been released. However, the final revision will probably be really, really nice. Glad I wasn't one of the "beta testers" but I won't rule out a 2nd revision of this kit, depending on how Revo handles this. I think this can turn into a good thing if they exchange everyone's turbo for a revised unit. A core charge would be fine if they need some funds to help soak up the hit on their end in the meantime. Eventually they'd come out right side up after 2nd revision kits get some good press and testing and then sell like hotcakes.

-exchange for revised turbo (not entire kit or refund necessarily) so people are taken care of

Well you can wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up first...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #209

Well you can wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up first...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
this thread is over guys plain and simple
my customers won't be posting here anymore because they have been taken care of, that's all you'll have as an explanation
if you spent the money with my company you'd know how I do things and what has happened. If you recall, it's what I had said would happen from the start.

The sad truth is this thread gets more attention than most on the forum from folks that would rather see things burn than actually be rectified...I know this as I own a few forums and have been the admin for many years. Nothing new, no surprise.

If anyone has a revo kit that was purchased elsewhere (anywhere in the world) other than my store, please do not message me. I can not help you, you will have to handle your inquiries through your dealer or installer.

As this Thread is "over" and Ron doesnt want to talk to anyone about it anymore

I have gone ahead and started a new one, as the question was asked on the Revo facebook Page and Paul from Revo has responded to that with their explination of the noise, Im sure some people would be keen to know,

https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/19749-Revo-RT330-Surge?p=338273#post338273

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #212
As this Thread is "over" and Ron doesnt want to talk to anyone about it anymore

I have gone ahead and started a new one, as the question was asked on the Revo facebook Page and Paul from Revo has responded to that with their explination of the noise, Im sure some people would be keen to know,

https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/19749-Revo-RT330-Surge?p=338273#post338273
it's not that I don't want to, that's not accurate.
I've explained the proper steps to take if you are having difficulty