Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The site is running extremely slowly

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
It's noticeably slower than all other websites that I look at, particularly in the last couple weeks or so. Everything that I click on takes quite a while to load.Is anything going on that might cause that?
This is on very fast internet, Google fiber gigabit internet, so that's not the holdup. It runs equally slowly on my Ethernet connected desktop computer and my Wi-Fi connected laptop computer.
I'm posting this to see if anyone else has noticed it, and to tell the administrators so they can see if there's anything that can be fixed. Thanks.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The only thing that I noticed is that whenever I click on the 'alerts' button (with an actual number of alerts showing), it defaults me back to the main, opening page, and NOT to the current live posting page.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
The only thing that I noticed is that whenever I click on the 'alerts' button (with an actual number of alerts showing), it defaults me back to the main, opening page, and NOT to the current live posting page.
When you click on the Alerts notifications it’s supposed to display a poo-up lists of new posts. What browser are you using?

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Mine was slow too, also on fiber optic gigabit internet. I thought my VPN was the problem since it occasionally gets me a “your IP address has been banned” pop up when I log in. Way better now

OP
Capri to ST

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
Mine was slow too, also on fiber optic gigabit internet. I thought my VPN was the problem since it occasionally gets me a “your IP address has been banned” pop up when I log in. Way better now
Thanks for chiming in, it's good to know that the problem wasn't limited to my computers.

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
When you click on the Alerts notifications it’s supposed to display a poo-up lists of new posts. What browser are you using?
Google Chrome.

It might be doing that main page default thing because the refresh arrow icon is still buffering sometimes when I hit that alerts button. [dunno]

OP
Capri to ST

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
Hello, just wanted to report that the site is running quite slowly again after some improvement before. I'm noticing this both on my desktop computer, with a wired ethernet connection, and on my laptop with a Wi-Fi connection, although it is slower on the laptop.
My internet service is Google fiber one gigabit, and I ran a speed test on that and it's running at normal speed. I'm online a lot, and I haven't noticed this slow down with any other websites that I have looked at.
Thank you

slopoke

For me, it takes some time for the site to respond when gaining access to the site. When navigating the site, the response is quick. Just my experience.

Update: Well, the last two times getting access to the website have been instant, no waiting.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Been noticing the sluggishness here lately and sometimes the site responds with an error. I'll post the message next time I run into it.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'll chime in here as well. In NJ with about 350 Mbps cable and it's sluggish. Not unusable by any means but I'm getting used to clicking and looking away at anything else I might be doing while it takes a second or 4 to load up.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
FYI I ran the script last night, hopefully the site speed has improved today.