Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The wannabe ST

OP
WannabeST
Thread Starter #62
1703872154387.png
Does anyone know of a link where I can find a lip for my fiesta like this one? I can't seem to find an active link to purchase. I know they had identical lips overseas but I just can't seem to find anything. Or if there is another lip that might look good on my base model shoot it this way also. I was just trying to find something different to not just be a fiesta st clone essentially.

Dialcaliper

View attachment 59618
Does anyone know of a link where I can find a lip for my fiesta like this one? I can't seem to find an active link to purchase. I know they had identical lips overseas but I just can't seem to find anything. Or if there is another lip that might look good on my base model shoot it this way also. I was just trying to find something different to not just be a fiesta st clone essentially.
It’s not quite like that one, but Spec-D makes this one specifically for the base model (SE). there are also several rip-offs of it on eBay if you are looking for something “consumable” to scrape and trash on the track

https://specdtuning.com/exterior/20...atte-black-3pc-front-bumper-lip-splitter-kit/

OP
WannabeST
Thread Starter #64
OP
WannabeST
Thread Starter #65
I did some new years eve shopping while family stuff was calm and nothing was really going on. I finally got the seat rails for my bucket seat, a rear sway bar and some hawk HPS pads. I'm hoping in hard braking zones on track these are better to modulate. The HP+ pads locked up pretty easy and it was hard to keep the pads in the sweet pressure point.

GeorgiaFiesta

Premium Account
I did some new years eve shopping while family stuff was calm and nothing was really going on. I finally got the seat rails for my bucket seat, a rear sway bar and some hawk HPS pads. I'm hoping in hard braking zones on track these are better to modulate. The HP+ pads locked up pretty easy and it was hard to keep the pads in the sweet pressure point.
I just put Hawk pads on my car and I'm pretty happy with them. No track use but they have been great on the streets.

OP
WannabeST
Thread Starter #67
I love my hawk pads too, I've run them on 5 cars now. I think because the base model rotors are so small they grab and lock up pretty easy with the hp+ compound. I'm going to try the HPS compound, might work out better until I can get some ST brakes.

OP
WannabeST
Thread Starter #68
I signed up for the full west coast series for Gridlife.
Time to see where I land in Sundae cup.
Is anyone else going to be at any of these events?
1704488079044.png

OP
WannabeST
Thread Starter #69
I just realized I haven't updated my page in quite a few months now. Nothing has really changed on the car since my last update, besides adding the ST wing on to the car from a fellow member. But I have done 3 track days now. I went to horse thief mile, streets of willow and big willow. Horse thief mile and streets of willow were both days in pouring rain. so no PB but lots of sliding and instructing all day long. Big willow was very good seat time. The current sundae cup record at big willow is 1.49. I was able to do multiple 1.44 laps on RT660 that were showing cords. I had a couple laps that were on track for a 1.43 but I would always get traffic. I just ordered fresh RT660 for the event coming up in just under 2 weeks. My goal is to get in to the 1.41-1.42 range on some fresh rubber. This sundae I will also be looking at taking out some weight from the car to hopefully gain an extra tenth. The past sundae cup saw 12 drivers and the podium was separated by one second. So I'm going to be looking all over the car for things I can yank out within the rules

Last edited:
OP
WannabeST
Thread Starter #70
Also side note. My SE has now done 10 track days without any mechanical issues. Always driven to the track, gotten as many laps as possible (sometimes up to 6-8 sessions in a day) and still driven home. Amazing cheap track car and I still get to daily it and deliver door dashes in it.

OP
WannabeST
Thread Starter #72
Apologies for the dark picture. I finished this job up last night in the driveway. I finally got a bucket seat in the car. Should help keep me in place a lot better. I sit about 2” lower than the stock seat which should help with the COG since I am a chunky 230 pounds of fluff lol.
the OEM base seat weighed in at 41 pounds with rails and hardware and everything. This seat is a 14 pound weight savings, the seat with hardware and rails and everything is 27 pounds. I could definitely find some lighter options. But this was cheap from a friend and the seat brackets were on sale. This whole setup was just $250. This may be the only Fiesta SE with a buddy club in existence lol
IMG_0047.jpeg

OP
WannabeST
Thread Starter #73
I love my hawk pads too, I've run them on 5 cars now. I think because the base model rotors are so small they grab and lock up pretty easy with the hp+ compound. I'm going to try the HPS compound, might work out better until I can get some ST brakes.
Following up on this, I got the HPS 5.0 compound for the car and it is perfect in my opinion for the car in its current setup. The basic HPS pads seemed like they would fall off if you did a full session or went too hard. The HP+ compound would probably be good on a slick but it's too aggressive for a 205 street tire in my opinion. It was hard to get it to work well for trail braking and had a lot of lock ups.
The HPS 5.0 compound is awesome, little to no fade after a full session. The trail braking with this is amazing. I can get a noticeable amount more of rotation before apex. I doubt many people may ever need this information lol

Apologies for the dark picture. I finished this job up last night in the driveway. I finally got a bucket seat in the car. Should help keep me in place a lot better. I sit about 2” lower than the stock seat which should help with the COG since I am a chunky 230 pounds of fluff lol.
the OEM base seat weighed in at 41 pounds with rails and hardware and everything. This seat is a 14 pound weight savings, the seat with hardware and rails and everything is 27 pounds. I could definitely find some lighter options. But this was cheap from a friend and the seat brackets were on sale. This whole setup was just $250. This may be the only Fiesta SE with a buddy club in existence lol
View attachment 61428
Do you use/route the factory belt right across the top of the side bolster?

OP
WannabeST
Thread Starter #75
I ran out of sunlight so I stopped the install there. One of these days during the week, I will be routing the factory belt through the side bolster to make it safer.
And before anyone asks, no I am not currently driving the car like that. I am currently commuting on my motorcycle since the weather is perfect for it.

OP
WannabeST
Thread Starter #77
How were the 660s in the rain/on the wet track?
They were better than I expected. In the rain with lots of puddles I was around 10-13 seconds slower than my PB, which from what I gathered online is about as good as it gets for rain vs dry lap times on the same setup. I running my pressures pretty low. I was at 24 psi up front and 26 psi rear.

I've driven in the rain a lot with the RT660 and I do not have TC or ABS on my car anymore. If the tire ever hydroplanes it would re gain grip pretty much the second it got out of the puddle. Even when they were past the wear bars they acted this way.

OP
WannabeST
Thread Starter #78
I got a lot of replies on my instagram about my tire life and wear. I don’t have any special tricks or anything. Going to share my setup and tips and hopefully this helps someone on here as well. On the left is my RT660 after 6 track days. All 4 looked roughly the same. The right is of course a brand new RT660.
the used set survived 4 track days at streets of willow, one at big willow and one at Buttonwillow.
My alignment specs are
-2 camber up front
-1.7 camber rear
0 toe up front
0.4 toe in rear
Rear has no work done to it. It’s just what I got on the twist beam roulette.
I like zero toe up front for the better wear.
a little more negative camber would probably be beneficial but not much. I suspect -2.5 would be on the money.
I’m really careful about adjusting my tire pressures to different scenarios.
I run 28-32 psi hot on track depending on temps/ condition.
commuting is 40 psi
Rain is 24-26 psi
Canyon driving is 32-35 psi.
I always air up my tires before driving home from the track, or after rain etc.
after every track day I rotate my tires from front to rear.
track day #1-2 on these tires is the best grip you’ll get
Track day #3 falls off a little but not too bad. This will probably vary depending on how aggressive the first 2 track days were.
track day 4-6 are gonna be really noticeable pace loss IMG_0067.jpeg

OP
WannabeST
Thread Starter #79
Got home today and finally installed a bracket for the antigravity battery. Down the line I will probably remove this tray and do something else. But for now this works. Also there was 1.5 pounds in random brackets and covers I was able to take off while working in this area.

Attachments