Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

theblue's 2018 build

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Euro (TYC) vs. US headlights:

I'm currently having trouble getting the passenger's side to adjust up and down (I'm not the first person to have this issue). working on it.
What was everyones fix for the adjustmenjt problem?

OP
theblue
Thread Starter #22
I've yet to read anybody ports a solution, just a lot of people mentioning they might get a replacement. I'm wondering if the electric height motor is all the way up limiting range. might open that up and take a look.

OP
theblue
Thread Starter #25
Where did you buy it?
eBay. just google the part numbers from one of the headlight threads.

UPDATE: I fixed the height adjuster problem. I think these are just very poorly assembled. The problem was the clips that snap onto the vertical and horizontal adjusters inside the headlight were not snapped in all the way and the area that moves was all bound up against the inner turn signal part. once I unsnapped everything and manipulated the movable part to a better position I was able to snap everything back in and now the adjuster work correctly.

OP
theblue
Thread Starter #26
I installed the Pierce 6-point front and resr flexbeam braces along with whiteline springs last night. I had to remove the rear diagonal factory braces that go from the front subframe to the unibody because one of the rear bolts would not go in with it there. I figure those are not really needed with this anymore. One of the middle bolts felt a little sketchy going in like it might be cross-threaded, but it wasn't, just really really tight.

the rear flexbeam was a real paint to get the bolts started and aligned, but I got it in the end.

The whole car feels super transformed in terms of stability and traction. I am getting rubbing up front on the fender liners on big compression, but I'm also running tires a little too tall. I might try to fix this with camber.

OP
theblue
Thread Starter #27
So I've been driving for a couple days now on the swift springs and really like them overall. They are pretty soft for a performance spring and my snow tires which are too tall at 205/60/15 rub pretty good under big compression, but are OK enough if I'm just a little thoughtful with my driving. I put on some camber bolts and dialed in all the neg camber I could get but this didn't help.

The car is finally handling acceptable for me, I far less frustrated with the FWD traction and can put down a lot more power than stock. I know this because my MPG average has been dropping off meaning I'm able to use more throttle. I'm at 26 MPG average over the 1600 miles on the car with mostly suburban driving.

GTP

Nice work! Where did you get your 6 point brace? You mentioned one for the rear too? Did I miss those pics?
I am starting my build and also live in a cold weather climate. Looking forward to it as well.

Fiesta 12_11_2018.jpg

Regardless of what you like or what you think looks better. The Euro lights, with the projector beams (vs reflector) are twice as functional. And they look up class. Nevermind they use the same bulb. How were these not offered in the NA market??

Such a missed opportunity.

Thanks for the side by side!

Euro (TYC) vs. US headlights:

I'm currently having trouble getting the passenger's side to adjust up and down (I'm not the first person to have this issue). working on it.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Regardless of what you like or what you think looks better. The Euro lights, with the projector beams (vs reflector) are twice as functional. And they look up class. Nevermind they use the same bulb. How were these not offered in the NA market??
I most definitely would have paid more for this (even as an option), initially, at the point of purchase at the dealer, when it could have been folded into the monthly payments (same goes for a factory installed limited slip even more so).

Now, at ~ $800.00 aftermarket, it will have to wait, as much as I really like/want these headlights. [:(]

What kind of bulbs are you running right now?

I most definitely would have paid more for this (even as an option), initially, at the point of purchase at the dealer, when it could have been folded into the monthly payments (same goes for a factory installed limited slip even more so).

Now, at ~ $800.00 aftermarket, it will have to wait, as much as I really like/want these headlights. [:(]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
What kind of bulbs are you running right now?
H11 PIAA XTreme White Hybrids in the factory housings for low beams, and the 'Euro' (only sold on amazon, not on the shelf in any brick and mortar store in the USA) Phillips X-treme Vision +130s in the high beam position.

I will either go with the PIAA XTreme White H11s in the fogs, or get the Diode Dynamics LED whole assemblies from Ron at Whoosh.

(Even though some on here in my state have said they got through inspection with the yellow PIAA bulbs in the factory fogs, I just KNOW that I would be the one pulled over by local LEOs for having them on when needed, since they ARE technically illegal in Pa.)

OP
theblue
Thread Starter #33
Nice work! Where did you get your 6 point brace? You mentioned one for the rear too? Did I miss those pics?
I am starting my build and also live in a cold weather climate. Looking forward to it as well.
thanks, Pierce brace from the black friday sale

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Looking great! I still wish I knew where we could find the Euro projectors at a reasonable price, aren't they pretty much $800 unless you have a UK contact and order from them and maybe save $50? I never really did find much on eBay other than ones about the same $800 price as Ron gets them to us for...

BUT, just one suggestion, do the driver side/trans mount too! You just HAVE to do that for it to feel fully connected, maybe your 6 pt. bracing helps over my 2 pt/traction bar, but once I got the trans insert in it actually lowered vibes from only one side being done and feels so much more connected! Also, but sorry, not sure where you had heard Cobb was better than the AWR, the Cobb has only a 68a initial bushing and 80a secondary, I'm pretty happy with my Torque Solutions that is 75a/75a but still get a little wheel hop on e30 when it's wet, LOL.

OP
theblue
Thread Starter #35
Looking great! I still wish I knew where we could find the Euro projectors at a reasonable price, aren't they pretty much $800 unless you have a UK contact and order from them and maybe save $50? I never really did find much on eBay other than ones about the same $800 price as Ron gets them to us for...

BUT, just one suggestion, do the driver side/trans mount too! You just HAVE to do that for it to feel fully connected, maybe your 6 pt. bracing helps over my 2 pt/traction bar, but once I got the trans insert in it actually lowered vibes from only one side being done and feels so much more connected! Also, but sorry, not sure where you had heard Cobb was better than the AWR, the Cobb has only a 68a initial bushing and 80a secondary, I'm pretty happy with my Torque Solutions that is 75a/75a but still get a little wheel hop on e30 when it's wet, LOL.
this is what I got:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrome-Hea...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrome-Hea...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I'll consider the drivers side once I put the passenger's side in that's sitting around waiting for install.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
this is what I got:

I'll consider the drivers side once I put the passenger's side in that's sitting around waiting for install.
Thanks for the links! Holy cow, have never seen projectors that cheap! And yes, WAY worth doing both those inserts, very little added vibes and feels great!

danbfree

3000 Post Club
this is what I got:

Can you tell me more about those headlights? Does it have the DRL's we can wire in very easily? And says for cars with electric leveling, does it all wire up easily? I see those black ones, I wish their was a cheap black projector but these look good!

OP
theblue
Thread Starter #38
They're TYC replicas of the factory headlights. I wrote about my experience earlier in this thread. The look and feel like OEM quality and are often used by a body shop to replace a OEM one after an accident. pin out and function-wise they are same as OEM. I did find what some people say is the common problem of not being able to adjust up the passenger's side enough. I determined the part inside that moves when adjusted was not properly snapped into place and once I did this it worked great.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
They're TYC replicas of the factory headlights. I wrote about my experience earlier in this thread. The look and feel like OEM quality and are often used by a body shop to replace a OEM one after an accident. pin out and function-wise they are same as OEM. I did find what some people say is the common problem of not being able to adjust up the passenger's side enough. I determined the part inside that moves when adjusted was not properly snapped into place and once I did this it worked great.
Thanks man, sorry I wasn't a little more clear, so despite being Euro aftermarket they still plug right in to the US plug, that's good... do they have the LED DRL strip working?

OP
theblue
Thread Starter #40
Thanks man, sorry I wasn't a little more clear, so despite being Euro aftermarket they still plug right in to the US plug, that's good... do they have the LED DRL strip working?
it's a direct clone of the factory with same exact functionality from LEDs, to wiring, to pinout.