Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Thermal catback cold start loudness

sircc

Hello, first post here.
Got my FiST a few months ago and have been loving it, but I've also been wanting to mod it. So far, I've done wheels, tires, and side skirts, but my primary objective has been an exhaust. I did my research and determined that the Thermal catback fits the tone and non-droniness that I want. However, I'm concerned about the loudness of the cold start, outside of the car. I don't think it will be obnoxious after the cold start (no drone at idle, no drone at low rpms) but I don't want to wake the neighbors. I'm looking for any kind of info on the 'loudness level' of the cold start - decibel levels would be GREAT (taken outside the car to judge how much it may affect the neighbors), but comparisons to everyday sounds would also be awesome (dog barking? kid crying? old-timey motorcycle? leaf blower?). Thank you for any responses!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thanks for this! Doesn't sound very loud, even on a cold start with no cat!
Exactly! If you do get a Thermal R&D ...Get it ceramic coated all the way to the tips! I did with mine and it still looks great almost 60k later!

I have a catted Downpipe mated to my thermal and it’s not that loud on cold starts. Seesh even my neighbors truck with a hemi is way louder. The exhaust is so quiet even my S280’s spool is louder than the exhaust xD