Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

This drives me crazy: CF Shifter Pattern (not exclusive to this shifter!)

I can't unsee this whenever I see a 6-speed shifter pattern!

As one uses the trans, R is out of the pattern, askew and off to one side in real life. The real shifter pattern centers with 3 atop and 4 below. We're all addicted to centering the shifter here. The precision in mind and practice are important. No one like money shifts. Also, OCD is killing me. I look down; I know I am centered in neutral, with 3 above and 4 below, but that shifter pattern implies I am not. Center the shifter and 3 and 4 are off as displayed.

It's a mental thing. I should ignore the off-centered pattern, which should center the 1-6 pattern and leave R hanging off to the side. But whoever winds up printing these things centers the whole pattern. 1-6 should be centered.

This is the most trivial thing, but I needed to get this out of my system. I need to get rid of this pattern (but I like my CF knob and see the same mistake repeated on every 6-speed shift knob).

Argh!

1647781047359.png

OP
Filandro
Thread Starter #3

^ that should be the center so the shifter is centered. :unsure:

MS mouse cursor doesn't corrupt my driving experience.