Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Thoughts from Mountune Radiator Install

dukecylk

Per the Ford Service manual the fan shroud should come out the bottom and the radiator comes out the top. I suspect that following the Ford procedure may provide for a bit more clearance.

However it is good to know there is an alternate in the event whoever wrote the manual was a complete idiot. BTW having worked on the automotive supply side since 1982 I have to say I am NOT at all impressed with today's "engineers". So it's very possible this section of the Service Manual was done by someone fresh out of college who doesn't even know what a Ratchet is. So alternate approaches are a GOOD thing.
I worked as an automotive engineer at Chrysler and Ford back in the 90's. The manuals are written by 100's of different people with very little coordination, and most were not engineers. And we were always at war with marketing and others for the actual content. We mostly gave up trying to get the manuals right. But having said that, I know great engineers who just can't write.

DAW

I worked as an automotive engineer at Chrysler and Ford back in the 90's. The manuals are written by 100's of different people with very little coordination, and most were not engineers. And we were always at war with marketing and others for the actual content. We mostly gave up trying to get the manuals right. But having said that, I know great engineers who just can't write.
Well, hopefully things have changed in that department from 30 years ago...

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Doing an Mountune Radiator install with 4 port Aux. Fuel was a real PIA due to the intake and Alt. Being pushed out further giving less room for maneuvering the old one out and new one in FYI. I haven't seen others talk about it so I thought id mention it here.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Isn't there a little OEM part somewhere on the radiator that people have trouble with re-using when they do these installs? I thought there was a cheap bit that was good to have on standby before getting into the rad install?

Have had my Mountune Rad and Whoosh V3 FMIC sitting here for a weeks and trying to find time to install, work is making parts easy to buy but hard to install.