Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tire Experiences - Quick Comments Only

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I've had four tires with my 2016 Fiesta ST on stock power.

Here are my quick and unscientific experiences...
========================
Key:
[*] = Neutral Opinion or Information
[+] = Positive Opinion
[-] = Negative Opinion
========================

Stock Bridgstones 205/40R17 -
* Light weight
* Hard ride
+ Good puncture resistance
+ Very resistant to compression flat
- Too little sidewall to protect rims from the absolute worst road debris, skillets and craters
+ Tire plugs don't leak
* Predictable handling
- Easily breaks traction and spins with straight-line acceleration
* Price ? - Dunno
* Tire wear ? - no comment

Continental WinterContact SI Studless Ice & Snow 215/45R17XL -
* Heavy
* Soft ride
+ Never punctured or plugged, survives the worst craters, skillets and potholes
+ Great snow traction with tread depth, good with moderate tread depth
* Good high speed wet traction with tread depth, fair with moderate tread depth
* Predictable slide when cornering on warmer pavements
* Decent wear considering it's a snow tire

Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 215/45R17XL 91W BSW -
* Mid-weight
- Poor puncture resistance
- Hard to plug - they inevitably leak ((why I got rid of'em still with meaty tread))
+ Much better traction compared to stock Bridgestones
* Low to moderate snow performance compared with above snow tires with tread depth - reduce tire pressure to improve performance to moderate
* Tire wear ? - got rid of'em before could really wear into them

Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 Plus XL 215/45ZR17 -
* 6 weeks on them
* Heavy weight
* Not a rough ride
+ Has taken some hits pretty well so far
+ Good puncture resistance so far - have not had to plug these so far
* Outstanding traction for an all-season tire; suspect its weight plays a roll with how hard it is to break traction for straight-line acceleration but I'm able to effectively lay down the power for cool and warm pavements... like the snow tires traction seems to diminish on hot pavements
* Yet unknown Winter performance
* No issues with high-speed wet though experiences are still limited at this point

ORANGEST

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Nitto Neogen 205/40zr17 84w -
+ Great grip even in 15°F to 40°F temperatures
+ CHEAP
+ Availability (even WalMart carries them)
+ When warmed up, in warm weather, they're sticky enough to constantly impress me
- Not enough sidewall, can't run under 36 psi or else potholes become life changing events
- If it's raining, you'll spin in first while taking off from a stop if you're not careful
- If it's raining and your tires do spin, hard to regain traction like they just want to keep spinning
+ They're all-seasons and are actually great in the rain, just not from a complete stop with the Fiesta's 1st gear
- If you're faced up a steep incline, you'll spin in first while taking off from a stop if you're not careful
+ If it's dry and you don't manage to COMPLETELY spin the tires, the chirp sound they let off is delightful
+ Good tire if you're going to stretch them to fit a wheel
+ Internet says they're good for camber/stance (no personal experience here, have just read this online)
- Internet says they don't last particularly long (I've been on them for 14k miles, as they came with the car as the front wheels, not enough personal experience to confirm nor deny)
* Overall would definitely purchase again, especially if I needed a set that I knew I was going to abuse and run through quickly

Last edited: