Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tire shop can't seat Azenis

I purchased a set of Falken Azenis RT61k+ online, had an appointment to install today, and they couldn't seat the bead.
Been here over 2 hours and they're telling me they can't do it.
They're giving me a free new set of Sentury UHP tires to hold me over until they get a set of Toyos shipped in next week - free upgrade :)

Has anyone had this problem on the stock rims?

Last edited:

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
What size Azenis? I got some 215/40/17s that I plan to install on some 17x7.5” wheels...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
I almost had the same problem with stock wheels and stock size Firehawk Indy 500's. Shop ended up having to hook up to a high pressure/volume line. Took them almost 3 hours.

OP
D
Thread Starter #7
Weird stuff, I'm shocked a place that literally only changes tires couldn't make it happen.

The Sentury UHPs are interesting...
Better grip than bald stock potenzas, kinda squishy feeling, and loud burnouts.

Should be fun to try these, then switch to R888r haha!

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
No didnt have a problem at all. Either that shop sucks at their job or they suck at their job.
Mounting low profile tires is difficult very difficult. I don't envy tire techs at all. Sounds like they had pretty decent customer service.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I almost had the same problem with stock wheels and stock size Firehawk Indy 500's. Shop ended up having to hook up to a high pressure/volume line. Took them almost 3 hours.
When I was in automotive school we had this tool called a tire cheetah. It was scary to use but it worked.

Last edited:
Just my two cents, but that customer service is great. Yes they probably couldn't let you leave any other way but still.

And sometimes you get a weird batch of tires. I remember when I mounted my blizzaks, there was anything I could do to get the bead to slip up to the seat on the rim, the tires were so dry. I had them inflated well above the threshold before they finally set. One of them went on without a hitch though.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
I've probably bust more tires then all this forum combined.

This whole shop is a joke. There is nothing I can't mount with a decent tire machine and bars. I remember my first day

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
When I was in automotive school we had this tool called a tire cheetah. It was scary to use but it worked.

I was at work trying to reseat a big rig size tire and have seen those work. I used a blow pipe on a large tow behind air compressor they use for 90lb jackhammers. Had an air chuck on then turned the blow pipe on full blast then waved at the seem going from the outer circumference. It worked. The carpenter Forman there said it wouldn't. Took a couple tries bu we got the truck back on the road.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Mounting low profile tires is difficult very difficult. I don't envy tire techs at all. Sounds like they had pretty decent customer service.

A 40 series is very common on cars now. Shops should have the equipment and know how to mount them. Its not like he was trying to stretch them way out either.

Erick_V

I had the stock size on freshly OEM powdercoated wheels and they were struggling to get the Falken's off the wheel when I decided to replace them 2 weeks ago. They got them off eventually. I never saw them mount the Falken's originally this past December because I dropped them off in the AM and picked them up before they closed. They scratched 2 of my wheels when putting on my new tires, they are paying for it, but they got them off after some struggle.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
I was in and out of discount tire here in under 40 minutes when my azenis got mounted on my summers.

Erick_V

I was in and out of discount tire here in under 40 minutes when my azenis got mounted on my summers.
Ironically enough it was Discount Tire that scratched my wheels lol. They haven't ever let me down prior to this past incident. They are paying me cash so I won't have to go through their claims department and the damage was minor enough where I can live with the scratch they put on two of my wheels. The guy that originally mounted them was there but didn't install my new tires the second time around, it was some kid who was obviously new to all of this. They handled the situation perfectly and didn't argue with me when I brought it up to them 3 days later, I cleaned my wheels a couple days after I got the tires mounted due to the weather and noticed the damage after the wash. I work in customer service and hospitality so I won't bad-mouth them. They are handling the situation and I'm happy with the resolution.