Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tires for 16x7 rims?

I've seen a lot of great tire advice lately... and I'm officially in the market for some summers.

Currently running 205/45ZR-16 Riken Raptors.

Before you ask... yes, I was being cheap AF. I can break them loose in all 6 gears (running a modest tune).

I don't mind compromising a little on grip in the name of value, which has me leaning toward Indy500's... but certainly not sold on em.

What would you buy?

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
I've seen a lot of great tire advice lately... and I'm officially in the market for some summers.

Currently running 205/45ZR-16 Riken Raptors.

Before you ask... yes, I was being cheap AF. I can break them loose in all 6 gears (running a modest tune).

I don't mind compromising a little on grip in the name of value, which has me leaning toward Indy500's... but certainly not sold on em.

What would you buy?
Why DID I buy Indy 500's? 205/50-16. Cost to value ratio. I bought during one of their epic sales.

I have some used 205/45-16 Indy's I'll be posting for sale soon. I bought a forum member's wheel-tire set for the wheels mainly. I tried both and like the 50s for the softer DD ride.

I had Raptor Z's on an old car. Pretty good dry, but weak when wet.

Last edited:
OP
FiSTY
Thread Starter #5
Why DID I buy Indy 500's? 205/50-16. Cost to value ratio. I bought during one of their epic sales.

I have some used 205/45-16 Indy's I'll be posting for sale soon. I bought a forum member's wheel-tire set for the wheels mainly. I tried both and like

I have some used 205/45-16 Indy's I'll be posting for sale soon. I bought a forum member's wheel-tire set for the wheels mainly. I tried both and like the 50s for the softer DD ride.

How much tread left on those? I suspect shipping (to OH) would be cost prohibitive... but if not, I might be interested. Do you feel like you lost any cornering performance going from 45-50?

On the Raptors... they're not complete garbage. Got me through one of the snowiest winters in recent memory (better than gmax imo)... ~25k miles so far and tread is still going strong despite being subjected to daily wheel spin. Sidewalls have survived more than a few brutal potholes. Fully intend to slap them back on come colder weather.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
I'm not the best ask on the comparison bc I tried them both for only a week. Sure, the 50 is 'softer' than the 45, so it's less performance, but I'm fine with it. I wanted comfort. I need to slow down...

I can meet DC to Philly only. DMing pics.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
FiSTY
Thread Starter #8
You aren't going to find anything recommended at that price point - you used to be able to get Indy 500s for about $90 per tire and even that was on the cheapest end of things. If you're including mount/balance in that price, well good luck to ya.
That was just the cost of my last tires (alone). I don't mind paying a little more (up to $150 per).

ronmcdon

falken 660 & 615+ in 205/16s sizes should be under $150/tire even after tax. I think the 615s are being discontinued or at least theyre on closeout with tirerack. Not had direct experience with the 615+ but did like the older 615's. Would imagine the tread for the 615+ to last longer than 660s, so in a sense its more bang for your buck. that being said 660s are super fun.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
You aren't going to find anything recommended at that price point - you used to be able to get Indy 500s for about $90 per tire and even that was on the cheapest end of things. If you're including mount/balance in that price, well good luck to ya.
Don't be so quick....during their Epic Sale, I paid $78 per tire plus all the stuff...I also got $100 off spending $500 or more. That is how I arrived at the $78. I posted the details somewhere on the forum.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk