Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tires if cost didn't matter Michelin super sport

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I will need tires within a year. I'm thinking about going with Michelin super sports now they don't come in the stock size it would have to be a 205/45R17.

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tires....Model=Pilot+Super+Sport&partnum=045YR7PSSXLV2

Would you guys go of this tire if cost didn't matter?

Tire requirements fantastic grip and good in the rain.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
IF they offered us a; 215/40-17, 225/45-16, 215/45-16, or even a 205/40-17 they would be on some set of wheels I own right NOW, regardless of co$t! [:)] [driving]

But of course, they just don't care about us and our 'stupid' tire sizes. [:(] [mad]

OP
Ford ST

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
IF they offered us a; 215/40-17, 225/45-16, 215/45-16, or even a 205/40-17 they would be on some set of wheels I own right NOW, regardless of co$t! [:)] [driving]

But of course, they just don't care about us and our 'stupid' tire sizes. [:(] [mad]
Is there any reason why you are against a 205 45-17. It seems like the people that are running them are happy with them. I would just like to get some more input before I pull the trigger on such a expensive set of tires.

Business6

The continental extreme contact sports are a good option to look at for 205/45/17. I'm strongly considering them in 205/45/16 if there isn't a new option by next spring

slopoke

$179.99 is not too bad, I just went with Pilot Super Sport 305/19s on the rears of my car. They were $322.00 each plus tax. When I have to replace all 4, it'll come out to $1292.00 plus tax.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Is there any reason why you are against a 205 45-17. It seems like the people that are running them are happy with them. I would just like to get some more input before I pull the trigger on such a expensive set of tires.

They are a little bit tall for those on here who need to lower their rides (which is most, it seems).
But yeah, if keeping factory ride height (which I am guessing you ARE?), they will be fine, and yes, give a much improved ride over any 205/40-17s, besides the ultimate grip, and turn-in these tires are renowned for. [:)] [thumb]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If cost didnt matter. 17x9 and id be running advans on the street like the 90's import weeb i am. Lol
WHICH Advans?? (I just picked up some 225/45-16 A052s)
First set of Yoks I will own since the A008s (but not the Rs) I had on my A1 '83 GTI. [wink]

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I do recall one owner who was running 205-45/17 tires mentioning problems with rubbing in an extreme compression situation with his suspension. He said if he was going downhill, turning and braking that size tire would rub, and I believe he was talking about Michelins, but I don't remember which one.
I had Michelin Pilot Super Sports on a previous car that I had from 2012 to 2016, and they were fantastic tires, incredible grip but also very comfortable and quiet, a combination that you don't see often, but one that I thought justified their high price. That car had 19s, and a set of four PSS cost over $1,600. That was one reason I gave it up for this car.

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
The ones for my GT350R - PS Cup 2 (the OEM tire) - are between $430 and $440 apiece, before taxes and shipping. These are the ā€œcheaperā€ ones. The Track Connect version is $100 more. Each.

Donā€™t get me started on the cost of the WHEELS.... :-(

Very happy with my Azenis(s)...

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Are the 'Track Connect' ones shaved to more of a slick tread, or are they a whole different compound/tread pattern?

Yeah, I probably would not even chance those crunchy carbon wheels on either the street OR a road course, given their rarity and $$$$. [wink] [:(]

I had Pilot SS on my MK6 GTI, and they were great tires. Luckily I still worked at BMW at the time, so I was able to get a good price on them through Dealer Tire.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
I will need tires within a year. I'm thinking about going with Michelin super sports now they don't come in the stock size it would have to be a 205/45R17.

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tires....Model=Pilot+Super+Sport&partnum=045YR7PSSXLV2

Would you guys go of this tire if cost didn't matter?

Tire requirements fantastic grip and good in the rain.

The OEM Bridgestones.... looks like you need to rob a bank to afford them. It's a shame because I think they are the best street performance tire out there.

I'm crossing my fingers I can make it through the end of Fall on my factory originals.

Non S is the biggest problem. From all of the research (interwebs) I've done, they are a far cry from the S.
Tyre review on YouTube did a great review of these two tires pitted against each other in a Focus ST.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

The OEM Bridgestones.... looks like you need to rob a bank to afford them. It's a shame because I think they are the best street performance tire out there.

I'm crossing my fingers I can make it through the end of Fall on my factory originals.
It's interesting to me that you like the Bridgestone tires. What climate are you running them in? Non-stop or have you switched out for the winter?

I ask because it seems that mine have gone completely hard after only 10k with plenty of life left since I switch out for a winter setup for ~5 months of the year. Now that the weather is dry, I've been trying to push them and get no squeal, no grip. I start to lose control as if the asphalt is covered in dust, but even on clean roads I get that same slow and vague loss of control. I've tested the same scenarios in a fiesta equipped with the all season Michelin as3+ and felt I had much better feel and control. It was a lot easier to feel confident in that car.

If money was no object I would probably try the a052, as they are at the $200 price point. Direzza Ziii and rt660 still seem competitive and at a better price as far as my research goes. I personally can't wait for the excuse to replace the Bridgestone tires with something else.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk