Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tom's 2015 OW Fiesta ST Build - Project Fun DD

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I would like to know how you got the fog surroundings off also, that way I don't have to cut the little tabs off.

OP
MMMTRBO
Thread Starter #42
That's exactly what I'm thinking about doing. Since I am getting tuned by Mountune I don't really need to follow the stage course like Cobb says to. But intake is definitely next. I'd put some springs on it but I'm just so worried about these city roads I drive on; I don't trust them at all.
Im excited to get an intake too. Most of the "cold" air intakes on the market seem to be less efficient then the stocker, so Im going to wait and see what Cobb comes up with. Luckily my roads around here aren't completely horrible, so I went for the eibach kit. I used to hate on the Pro-Kits, but I really haven't heard anything bad about this setup. Most mild drop and almost identical ride quality. Plus, according to eibach no camber bolts are required to get the alignment within stock specs after the installation.

I've been waiting to see your updates. The car looks great. I have the same car, white no options. I ordered the fog light covers, how did you get the fog light surrounds off to put them on? I also have the perrin shorty, I can't get the perrin letters lined up how I want them but it looks cool.
I have the mountune short shift and mp215 kits. Still waiting on the tune to be adapted to the 15 ST, very frustrating! I also just ordered a triple r splitter.
Thanks for posting the updates......
Thank you for the kind words! I hear ya on the waiting game. I had my AccessPort for almost a month before Cobb dropped the stage 1 map. Now its time to wait for the Cobb intake and the wheels from overseas LOL. When I talked to Randy from Mountune 2 months ago he said the MP215 and their catback would be out within 2 weeks! Who knows whats going on. You can play with the Perrin shorty a bit because the threaded insert is adjustable. If you turn it in or out that will effect where the antenna ultimately ends up.

I would like to know how you got the fog surroundings off also, that way I don't have to cut the little tabs off.
To remove the foglight covers it takes some patience and a little bit of force, but they do come out. I recommend using some plastic panel removal tools and taking your time. Pull back the edges so you can see where the clips are and go from there. I can't imagine trying to install the overlays with the covers on though. Just seems like it would be difficult to get it right.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Im excited to get an intake too. Most of the "cold" air intakes on the market seem to be less efficient then the stocker, so Im going to wait and see what Cobb comes up with. Luckily my roads around here aren't completely horrible, so I went for the eibach kit. I used to hate on the Pro-Kits, but I really haven't heard anything bad about this setup. Most mild drop and almost identical ride quality. Plus, according to eibach no camber bolts are required to get the alignment within stock specs after the installation.

Thank you for the kind words! I hear ya on the waiting game. I had my AccessPort for almost a month before Cobb dropped the stage 1 map. Now its time to wait for the Cobb intake and the wheels from overseas LOL. When I talked to Randy from Mountune 2 months ago he said the MP215 and their catback would be out within 2 weeks! Who knows whats going on. You can play with the Perrin shorty a bit because the threaded insert is adjustable. If you turn it in or out that will effect where the antenna ultimately ends up.

To remove the foglight covers it takes some patience and a little bit of force, but they do come out. I recommend using some plastic panel removal tools and taking your time. Pull back the edges so you can see where the clips are and go from there. I can't imagine trying to install the overlays with the covers on though. Just seems like it would be difficult to get it right.
I think I'll have to hold off on the Springs, DC roads are awful. And who knows when Mountune will come out with their catback, but I can't imagine it being better than Cobb's so I'll be going with that soon. And how does the MP215 kit differ from the one on their site, that comes with the AP plus the tune and the modded induction box and tube?

And I guess I'll try to get those covers off. I don't have any tools though and I don't want to scratch the paint with a flat head.

OP
MMMTRBO
Thread Starter #45
Looking good, Mr. Turbo. ;)
haha thank you, sir! Ill be saying the same thing soon =)

I think I'll have to hold off on the Springs, DC roads are awful. And who knows when Mountune will come out with their catback, but I can't imagine it being better than Cobb's so I'll be going with that soon. And how does the MP215 kit differ from the one on their site, that comes with the AP plus the tune and the modded induction box and tube?

And I guess I'll try to get those covers off. I don't have any tools though and I don't want to scratch the paint with a flat head.
Yeah be careful with a flat head. That can definitely do a lot of damage. Worst case, a body shop could pop em off for you in a matter of minutes. No tools required to install the overlays and re install the covers.

Judging from the Mountune site, it looks like the MP215 kit is available for the 15s. As far as I know its just their intake and their "mTune" handset (rebranded AccessPORT). Supposedly Ford is going to back this kit and allow you to keep your warranty if Ford installs it. Ive also hear the mTune handset is locked, so the tune cannot be messed with.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
haha thank you, sir! Ill be saying the same thing soon =)

Yeah be careful with a flat head. That can definitely do a lot of damage. Worst case, a body shop could pop em off for you in a matter of minutes. No tools required to install the overlays and re install the covers.

Judging from the Mountune site, it looks like the MP215 kit is available for the 15s. As far as I know its just their intake and their "mTune" handset (rebranded AccessPORT). Supposedly Ford is going to back this kit and allow you to keep your warranty if Ford installs it. Ive also hear the mTune handset is locked, so the tune cannot be messed with.
Yeah, I'll try and find a body shop around me to do that real quick. And the mTune headset is pretty much the same and I have Randy, from Mountune, doing my tunes anyway on my AP I bought from them. So the MP 215 kit tune and his tune catered to my mods and car are going to pretty much be the same, if not mine being better because it's catered to my mods. The warranty doesn't really bother me enough to buy the MP215 kit over just getting the AP from Mountune and the intake from Cobb; which is pretty much all you're getting from the MP215 kit if I understand it correctly.

OP
MMMTRBO
Thread Starter #47
Made a few changes to the Fiesta over the last few weeks. Been loving this car more and more. Just broke 3,000 miles and I still get excited to drive it every day.

10/30/14 - "no-pistons" Custom Battery Tie Down - Red Inlay - 2485 Miles

Not much to say here. Eric has some great skills and the pieces he makes add a factory like touch to the car.

11/09/14 - TFB Emblem Declas - Gloss Black over Gloss White - 2660 Miles

I have been searching high and low for a replacement to the DMB Gel badges and these are the best I could find. Im a little bit underwhelmed by the quality as they are just a decal, but I haven't found any other options available. If anyone knows a source for some quality gel badges please post up!!

11/14/14 - Eibach Pro-Kit - 2805 Miles

Loving these springs so far. I was looking for a setup that rides nearly identical to stock and just drops the ride height down a bit. No noise, no unnecessary stiffness, just all around stock like ride characteristics. I installed these and got the car aligned in anticipation for the new wheels that should be coming soon [cool] In the photos is looks like the rear is squatting more, but its just the ground is uneven. On an even road the car sits almost perfectly level.

11/14/14 - Cobb Intake System - 2805 Miles

Cobb really built a great intake. Fit and finish is awesome and install was a breeze. There is a little bit of added noise, just the perfect amount IMO. The butt dyne doesn't feel any significant improvements, but the sound is worth it alone. I have been getting a small amount of high pitched resonance in between 2500-3000RPM and I can't pin point it. Ive double checked the install and everything is solid. Anyone else with a Cobb intake experiencing this?

Some updated photos:

FiST-2500 by T_Forde, on Flickr

FiST-2496 by T_Forde, on Flickr

FiST-2503 by T_Forde, on Flickr

FiST-2505 by T_Forde, on Flickr

FiST-2507 by T_Forde, on Flickr

FiST-2508 by T_Forde, on Flickr

FiST-2517 by T_Forde, on Flickr

FiST-2519 by T_Forde, on Flickr

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Hey nice Job! Your build is progressing nicely...

btw...I wish I could get away without having my front plate installed...

I tried not having a front plate installed on my last two Vettes I owned when I lived up in SF years ago and immediately got "fix it" tickets (I love CA...argggg)....I blamed the red paint!

And good on you for not having a plate installed! ;)

OP
MMMTRBO
Thread Starter #51
Look's Great Man ! Nice Project!
Thank you!

Hey nice Job! Your build is progressing nicely...

btw...I wish I could get away without having my front plate installed...

I tried not having a front plate installed on my last two Vettes I owned when I lived up in SF years ago and immediately got "fix it" tickets (I love CA...argggg)....I blamed the red paint!

And good on you for not having a plate installed! ;)
haha yeah luckily I live in a small enough town that I'm able to get away with it "knocks on wood". Maybe someone will come out with a clean license plate relocation kit.

Based on your Subaru build, I can't wait to see how your FiST turns out!

Ian
Its getting there! Both builds have been incredibly fun so far. I see a ProTune from COBB Socal in my future [biggrin]

OP
MMMTRBO
Thread Starter #53
Have any tips on removing the front plate bracket?
Its held on with 2 rivets and clips that go into the grill. You need to drill out the rivets. It can get a little frustrating because the entire rivet will start to rotate. I used a bit that was slightly bigger then the inner part of the rivet.

Its held on with 2 rivets and clips that go into the grill. You need to drill out the rivets. It can get a little frustrating because the entire rivet will start to rotate. I used a bit that was slightly bigger then the inner part of the rivet.
What size bit did you use? It makes me nervous drilling into the front bumper of a brand new car lol.

OP
MMMTRBO
Thread Starter #55
What size bit did you use? It makes me nervous drilling into the front bumper of a brand new car lol.
Yeah it is a bit scary lol I Probably used something like a 3/16th. I know I didn't use anything bigger then a 1/4" because thats the size of the hole that the Bumper Plugs required.

Looking good. I ordered my mountune springs yesterday. I have never lowered a car before so Im a little nervous! The last mod will be the Mountune cat back when it gets released. I have to start saving for the Civic type R when it gets released here in 2016!!
I did see someone asking about interest for badges on the ST owners club on Facebook...

OP
MMMTRBO
Thread Starter #57
Looking good. I ordered my mountune springs yesterday. I have never lowered a car before so Im a little nervous! The last mod will be the Mountune cat back when it gets released. I have to start saving for the Civic type R when it gets released here in 2016!!
I did see someone asking about interest for badges on the ST owners club on Facebook...
Good stuff! You'll love the way it looks dropped down a bit. Just make sure you get it aligned ASAP after install. My toe was all out of wack.

The new Type-R looks interesting, I'm curious to see what the USDM production version will look like.

I'll check out that FB group. Let me know if you hear anything further!

the face book group is ford focus st and fiesta st owners
the guys name that started the thread is Ken Appell so you should be able to find the post.
I have some friends that are techs at a local Honda dealer and they have a good alignment machine so I will be sure to get the alignment done. Were you able to get your alignment back within factory specs with the springs?

OP
MMMTRBO
Thread Starter #59
the face book group is ford focus st and fiesta st owners
the guys name that started the thread is Ken Appell so you should be able to find the post.
I have some friends that are techs at a local Honda dealer and they have a good alignment machine so I will be sure to get the alignment done. Were you able to get your alignment back within factory specs with the springs?
Cool, ill look him up.

Yeah I was able to get it within factory spec. That was one of my conditions for this set of springs, being able to get a stock alignment without aftermarket camber adjustment.

Thats exactly what Im hoping for. On a different note I have been driving my del sol around for a couple weeks because of salt on the roads. I drove the Fiesta today and I felt like I was driving a bus!! It makes me want to lower the seat as well as the car!!