Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tom's 2015 OW Fiesta ST Build - Project Fun DD

OP
MMMTRBO
Thread Starter #141
Ohhhh yessssssss. Fmic and dp is on my list.

How bad does it break loose now?
1st and 2nd break loose pretty easily. 3rd seems to hook well enough lol. Hopefully it'll have a bit more forward traction when I upgrade to some sticky 215/40s.

WOW. Your car is perfect. love the OEM+ look.

I've having a tough time deciding between the Eibach springs and the Mountune. But your shots may have swayed me.

OP
MMMTRBO
Thread Starter #144
WOW. Your car is perfect. love the OEM+ look.

I've having a tough time deciding between the Eibach springs and the Mountune. But your shots may have swayed me.
Thank you for the kind words!! Seems like you can't go wrong with either set of springs. I am very happy with the Eibachs though!

OP
MMMTRBO
Thread Starter #147
Your car is beautiful. Eibachs you say?
Thank you! Yup Eibachs.

Great lookin car and nice numbers, that clamp is disturbing so much for QC, Friday car? :)
Thanks! It must've been a Friday car. Seems like a lot of STs are Friday cars though lol...The guys at COBB had some other interesting "factory screw ups" to talk about as well...

Chris G

Mine is a Tuesday car I believe and I've found a lot of weird stuff (extra stuff just hanging out in the engine bay, etc) in the last 6 months.

What's your thought on the Eibachs so far? Wheel specs? Sorry for all the questions!

OP
MMMTRBO
Thread Starter #149
Mine is a Tuesday car I believe and I've found a lot of weird stuff (extra stuff just hanging out in the engine bay, etc) in the last 6 months.

What's your thought on the Eibachs so far? Wheel specs? Sorry for all the questions!
All of the details on everything done to the car are on the first post if this thread. I like the Eibachs. Very similar ride quality to stock and nice drop that's not too aggressive. This is a DD with a painted fiberglass front splitter, so I can't run too low. Still haven't touched the splitter on anything. "Knocks on wood"

Can you tell me where you bought the wheels. Im still on the stocks as I havnt seen anything I like better until looking at yours! Also are you still happy with the exhaust? Im out of patience on waiting for mountune to get one on the market.

OP
MMMTRBO
Thread Starter #152
Wow nice numbers! 300ft/lbs @ 2500 probably makes for a nice daily communte
haha yes, yes it does. Just this morning I couldn't stop smiling rolling into boost in second gear. [cool] [lovecobb]

Can you tell me where you bought the wheels. Im still on the stocks as I havnt seen anything I like better until looking at yours! Also are you still happy with the exhaust? Im out of patience on waiting for mountune to get one on the market.
Thank you! Chalon at PCA is the one stop shop for anything Team Dynamics for our cars. Please view this thread for his current availability http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/1248-Pro-Race-Wheels-For-Your-Fiesta-ST-!

And yes, still in love with the COBB exhaust. Perfect amount of volume, tone etc. No drone whatsoever and not TOO loud.

OP
MMMTRBO
Thread Starter #158
Date: February 24, 2015

Mileage: 6,120

Mod: CFM Baffled Billet Valve Cover Breather - Wrinkle Black

When initially researching the Fiesta ST and DI Turbo engines in general, one of the first "problems" I came across amongst many different manufacturers is the lack of fuel "washing" the intake valves causing excessive carbon build up. Which after some time and miles and cause drivability and other issues. From the get go I wanted to do what I could to prevent (or help) this. I learned quickly that a properly setup oil catch can setup can help minimize the problem. Until recently, I hadn't heard about valve cover breathers. Thanks to BoostBumps and a few other members they discovered that this part originally made for the FoST does indeed fit our cars. It makes a lot of sense to me that reducing valve cover pressure will help minimize oil getting back into the intake track. As this is my first DI car, don't take any of this info to heart as there could likely be misinformation. Still trying to research and learn about this common issue and what I can do, so I don't have to walnut blast the valves at 30k [cool]

FiST - CFM VCB-2590 by T_Forde, on Flickr

FiST - CFM VCB-2589 by T_Forde, on Flickr

Original J-Pat

By far the best FiST modified ive seen and that subaru (heart eyes) good to see socal fist owners