Tom's 2015 OW Fiesta ST Build - Project Fun DD

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Member ID
Been MIA for the last few months, so I figured I would give this an update. Since the last post I've completed the following:

1/11/2014 - Boomba Racing Transmission Cable Bracket Bushings - 4564 Miles
1/11/2014 - Boomba Racing Transmission Adapter - 4564 Miles
1/11/2014 - Deadhook Motorsports Sound Symposer Delete - 4564 Miles
1/11/2014 - UK Domed Badge Overlays - 4564 Miles

Not much to show for photos, but the Boomba parts are great and drastically improve the shifter feel. Decently shorter and more precise. Also very simple to install. My buddy did all the same parts and the shifter base bushings. With that said the shifters feel nearly identical, so not sure if the base bushings are worth it.

The DHM SS Delete is another awesome part that's simple but effective. I ended up pulling all of the SS hosing up to the firewall while it was all apart for the shifter pieces install.

Lastly, the gel badge overlays from the UK are SPOT on. Much much better then the previous vinyl ones I was running.

I've also been waiting on wheels from the UK since September of last year. Well they finally came in! Finally! Super stoked to get them mounted tomorrow. Decided to mount the stock RE050s and run those till they're shot. More photos once they're mounted up! Heres' the specs on whats going on:

- Team Dynamics Pro-Race 1.2 - 17x8 +48 - Bronze
- McGard Spline Drive - M12x1.5

IMG_6009 by T_Forde, on Flickr

Annnnndddd finally I will be at COBB Socal next Thursday to have some work done. If any Socal FiST guys are free you should definitely stop by!! This is whats happening:

- COBB Front Mount w/ Hard Pipes
- COBB Catted Downpipe
- AccessPORT Protune

This will put me at COBB's full Stage 3 setup. Currently being at Stage 1, I'm hoping for some nice improvements! Unfortunately as this is my DD I don't have E85 close enough to justify getting extra tunes. It will be tuned on 91 only.

More photos and updates to come as this events take place!
Thanks for the update (been awhile!) and glad to see you've been keeping busy there Tom....Very nice!

And look forward to seeing your new wheels installed soon!

OP
MMMTRBO
Member ID
Thread Starter #102
Thanks for the update (been awhile!) and glad to see you've been keeping busy there Tom....Very nice!

And look forward to seeing your new wheels installed soon!
Thanks, Tom! Will definitely get some photos once they're mounted and the car is cleaned up.

I'm also curious to see how consistent these cars are after John works his magic. I would be tickled if my results are anything like yours.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Member ID
I think you'll be very pleased! He's worked on a good number of FiST's lately....

OP
MMMTRBO
Member ID
Thread Starter #104
I think you'll be very pleased! He's worked on a good number of FiST's lately....
Great news! It will be a long day (215 Miles each way), but definitely looking forward to it.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Member ID
Great news! It will be a long day (215 Miles each way), but definitely looking forward to it.
Wow....That is a bit farther than I have to drive...They are roughly 120 miles from my home...On a good day I can get there in 90 min...

They also have a lounge there and there are places to go eat which are within a reasonable walking distance while you wait...

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Member ID
Beautiful wheels. I want that bronze on my black st. Think they'd really pop. I'm looking into the ss delete too. You happy with the product then?

OP
MMMTRBO
Member ID
Thread Starter #108
Wow....That is a bit farther than I have to drive...They are roughly 120 miles from my home...On a good day I can get there in 90 min...

They also have a lounge there and there are places to go eat which are within a reasonable walking distance while you wait...
Nice!!

Beautiful wheels. I want that bronze on my black st. Think they'd really pop. I'm looking into the ss delete too. You happy with the product then?
Thank you! Bronze on black is always a good combo.

Yeah the SS delete is good. Its very simple, but serves its purpose. I know Boomba is making an SS Delete now as well. Both seem like nice pieces. I know BoostBumps also put a kit together himself for much cheaper. You could check out his build for info on that.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Member ID
Nice!!

Thank you! Bronze on black is always a good combo.

Yeah the SS delete is good. Its very simple, but serves its purpose. I know Boomba is making an SS Delete now as well. Both seem like nice pieces. I know BoostBumps also put a kit together himself for much cheaper. You could check out his build for info on that.
Thanks. I think I'm going to get the intake and exhaust installed and listen to them before I order the SS delete. Just to see how much the SS interferes with the sounds of them.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Good to hear! I would love to see some more photos. And of course they're from Chalon at PCA! I got a killer deal through his group buy.
Here you go. The stretch is very minimal.

OP
MMMTRBO
Member ID
Thread Starter #112
This weekend has been full of ups and downs. Yesterday I said farewell to probably the best car I've built, my 2013 Subaru WRX Hatch. I had been considering selling it off for quite some time to use the capital elsewhere in other investments (perhaps something that doesn't ALWAYS result in a loss) lol. The new owner is an awesome dude who I know will take great care of the car. He was thoroughly impressed with the car and couldn't be happier. This is his 8th Subaru since 2003. He definitely knows whats up.

The setup when it was sold:

57Xtreme-2457 by T_Forde, on Flickr

edited-2337 by T_Forde, on Flickr

Ironically, my new wheels and lugs both arrived on Friday, so decided to get them mounted up Saturday afternoon. As mentioned earlier decided to mount the stock Bridgestones and just use those up. The front were already showing some decent wear at 5k. Had the tire shop move the fronts to the back while they were at it. I'm super happy with the fitment, there is a very small amount of stretch, but not goofy or excessive at all. Thanks again MKVIIST for confirming this! Will definitely go wider with the next set though. Heres the specs:

Date: February 14, 2015

Mileage: 5,518

Mods:

- Team Dynamics Pro-Race 1.2 - 17x8 +48
- Bridgestone Potenza RE050 - 205/40/17
- McGard Spline Drive - Black - 12x1.5

FiST - TD PR 1.2-2558 by T_Forde, on Flickr

FiST - TD PR 1.2-2555 by T_Forde, on Flickr

FiST - TD PR 1.2-2554 by T_Forde, on Flickr

FiST - TD PR 1.2-2550 by T_Forde, on Flickr

FiST - TD PR 1.2-2561 by T_Forde, on Flickr

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Member ID
That's beautiful man. Really wants me to go the bronze and black ST route.

Can you get a close up of the lugs on those wheels, if possible?

OP
MMMTRBO
Member ID
Thread Starter #116
Oh wow that is beautiful.
That's beautiful man. Really wants me to go the bronze and black ST route.

Can you get a close up of the lugs on those wheels, if possible?

Nicely done Tom! Your FiST looks amazing!
Thank you for the kind words guys! Very very happy with the way it came out. The 6 month wait was it was very difficult, but glad I stuck it out. Can't wait to get the GO department handled on Thursday =)

OP
MMMTRBO
Member ID
Thread Starter #118
What's planned for Thursday?
Annnnndddd finally I will be at COBB Socal next Thursday to have some work done. If any Socal FiST guys are free you should definitely stop by!! This is whats happening:

- COBB Front Mount w/ Hard Pipes
- COBB Catted Downpipe
- AccessPORT Protune

This will put me at COBB's full Stage 3 setup. Currently being at Stage 1, I'm hoping for some nice improvements! Unfortunately as this is my DD I don't have E85 close enough to justify getting extra tunes. It will be tuned on 91 only.
From a few pages back

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Member ID
Whoops. Missed that. That will be awesome. Can't wait to see the numbers And your impression of stage 3.

OP
MMMTRBO
Member ID
Thread Starter #120
Whoops. Missed that. That will be awesome. Can't wait to see the numbers And your impression of stage 3.
Same here! Will definitely update this when its all said and done. I will get you a photo of the lugs too.