Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Too many browser pop adds!

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Ad choice is out of control all of a sudden I am seeing a shit ton of ads popping thread lists distracting the hell out of things It is not conducive to forum participation in fact it make ones not want to visit the forum at all. I.E. less traffic for the forum . Get that crap under control ads at the bottom are ok but in the middle of thread lists it just created visual clutter!

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Gotta pay the bills some how.... Keep things up to date
I get that they are just in the annoyingly wrong places . I saw that happen on another forum as well instead of being creatively placed they literally got in the way of reading posts and they floated on the scroll.lol
Now here we these big square block ads spacing out thread lists massively.It‘s invasive coding. They used to be long and rectangular not taking up so much space before.
It’s just obnoxious lazy coding. IMO

I agree, if the money is running thin for hosting I think we'd be a lot better off donating a couple bucks than being bombarded by this excessive advertising. Having a couple banner ads at the top/bottom was never an issue for me but the new changes are quite a jump from that.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
That may be a problem as we have frugal people on the forum who insist on not putting premium into their FiST due to it costing too much! LOL! You think they will donate?!?!

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Google out of the blue started running auto ads on this site which we never opt in for, Ive sent an email to their support to revert it back to before.

Ad choice is out of control all of a sudden I am seeing a shit ton of ads popping thread lists distracting the hell out of things It is not conducive to forum participation in fact it make ones not want to visit the forum at all. I.E. less traffic for the forum . Get that crap under control ads at the bottom are ok but in the middle of thread lists it just created visual clutter!

Seems like a lot of the posts these days are from vendors anyway....maybe this site is getting near the end of its life cycle unless there will be more input from recycled FiST owners (as after this year no new FiSTs for sale).

The ads on this site is nothing compared to other places. If it help pays the bills I don't mind it.

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
The ads on this site is nothing compared to other places. If it help pays the bills I don't mind it.
Its been fixed since I made this thread last night and let the mods know about it. According to sources Google just kinda dropped shit on people as they own adsense .