Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Torque Solutions RMM got shredded just running ethanol tunes

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #22
Im still on stock turbo lol. Nkt a lotnof hard launches in this car but i wore out the passenger upper. My rmm still seems ok.
Yeah, this seems to be the most common. I did the insert and upgraded bolt on the passenger side upper so I thought I was good!

Jerickson88

I'm sure it's a fine RMM for a Stage1/2 car that gets goosed occasionally, but it apparently cant hold a candle to ethanol blend!

A buddy just swapped his mountune RMM, which used to be mine and I gave it to him when I got the TS. His mount was actually broken very similarly to my Torque Solution one.

BTW, both our cars have turbo upgrades and the inserts on the top mounts
I really dislike the Mountune RMM. Feels exactly the same as the stock 2018 but squeaks and creaks like an old door, no matter how much grease you slather on it. Doesn't cause any vibrations, just makes the transmission sound broken.

But, I love my quick shift and the service I got from Randy doing my tune was very good. Overall, I am happy with my investment, but I wouldn't recommend the Mountune RMM.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #26
I'm sure it's a fine RMM for a Stage1/2 car that gets goosed occasionally, but it apparently cant hold a candle to ethanol blend!
Yeah, I guess so... you know that ethanol tunes are the great equalizer, easily as much torque as having a turbo upgrade!

Se7eN

I really dislike the Mountune RMM. Feels exactly the same as the stock 2018 but squeaks and creaks like an old door, no matter how much grease you slather on it. Doesn't cause any vibrations, just makes the transmission sound broken.

But, I love my quick shift and the service I got from Randy doing my tune was very good. Overall, I am happy with my investment, but I wouldn't recommend the Mountune RMM.
Alot of Lube solves that creeking issue which is why I actually sold my Mountune mount. Had to keep lubing it up