Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TR Motorsports FF10 Wheels

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I did not know they have a 4x108 in the Kosei, cool!

That is a great price for a low pressure cast, roll formed wheel, huge numbers of cars are raced on this grade of wheels with no issues at all.

CSM

1000 Post Club
I did not know they have a 4x108 in the Kosei, cool!

That is a great price for a low pressure cast, roll formed wheel, huge numbers of cars are raced on this grade of wheels with no issues at all.
Only thing that sucks is that they only offer 17x7 +42 offset. No other sizes available :/

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
15x7, 15x8, 15x9 in 4x100:)

There will be some wider light weight 17's coming but unless somebody can order 100 or more sets not in 4x108

CSM

1000 Post Club
15x7, 15x8, 15x9 in 4x100:)

There will be some wider light weight 17's coming but unless somebody can order 100 or more sets not in 4x108
Yes obviously 4x100 has more options, but we are talking Fiesta ST here. Not everyone wants to go the 4x100 hub route.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Obviously, just a moderate cost option that opens up a far bigger list of great low cost high grade wheels.

And, it is easy and no cost to go back to 4x100 if ever needed, just pop out the studs and move them back to the 108 position:)

[MENTION=636]RAAMaudio[/MENTION] , the more wheels you post with 4x100 set up... the more likely I am to just bite the bullet and do it. Simply put, there are not enough good options in 4x108. I like the Sparcos, but they are the #2 wheel on this forum besides stock, and simply put, i'd like to put on something different. That and you mentioning 15x8 would make for a really nice square set up from what I have seen from others. The Sparco Assetto Gara or whatever the hell its called is a 6.5 inch wide in the 15" diameter.

I'll have to look into the cost for the conversion a little more seriously when the time comes.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
The lowest cost method for the 4x100 conversion would be as much DIY as you can, have to have a bench press available, big socket for the hub nuts, and a bit of time. I paid a local machine shop something like $240 to drill the hubs and rotors but later realized I could of easily done the rotors on my drill press as they are hub centric and the bolt holes are bigger than the studs, meaning they do not have to be perfectly centered to work just fine.

Gun-Runner in the GB listing will do the service for you up to whatever level you wish for very good rates and quality work, new hubs up to assembled knuckles so barely any down time, etc...

There are some wheels in dual pattern, 4x100 and 4x108 but not sure which ones now, not many.

---------------

Back on topic.

The TR FF10 is a great wheel for the money, too bad being discontinued, if I was looking into them I would call Tirerack and ask why being dropped and what will replace them, might be the Kosei though which is a great wheel for the price.

OP
C

Chuckable

Thread Starter #28
Tire Rack replied to my question about the Wilwood BBK kit:

"Hello

The 17" ff10 wheels will clear the brake kit with a 9mm spacer which we don’t sell.

Best regards"

For me, the FF10s looked great because of the weight and price, but if it they require a spacer to run the BBK then I'm going to pass. Don't want to run a spacer without extended studs, which leads to more money. Anyway, hope this info. helps someone out.

Izzy

My frustration with wheel selection has made to currently contact ROTA and KMC for a 16x8 wheel for our FiST. Rota has officially replied and will look into which of their wheel offerings could possibly be made to our offset requirements (most likely those already offered in 4x108). KMC has yet to answer, but I contacted them just 2 days ago. As with most requests a show of hands would help things get moving. Who ever is interested in a 16x8 wheel please let me know...PM is fine. If enough interest is shown we might get the ball rolling. Once we get one to show support the rest will hopefully/eventually follow.

Tire Rack replied to my question about the Wilwood BBK kit:

"Hello

The 17" ff10 wheels will clear the brake kit with a 9mm spacer which we don’t sell.

Best regards"

For me, the FF10s looked great because of the weight and price, but if it they require a spacer to run the BBK then I'm going to pass. Don't want to run a spacer without extended studs, which leads to more money. Anyway, hope this info. helps someone out.
Sorry, but I don't trust the info from TR on this issue. Supposedly, the WW BBK will fit the stock wheels without spacers. I have the FF10s and there appears to be the same, if not slightly more clearance around the caliper than the stock wheel, so this doesn't add up. A while back I printed out the WW BBK template, and it even hit the stock wheel, so I don't think that's accurate either.

Also, as I've stated in other posts, the mounting flange of the FF10 is much thinner than the stock wheel. You can easily run a 5mm spacer while still having the same thread engagement as the stock wheel. TR provides deeper lug nuts for this reason. The stock nuts aren't deep enough.

If anyone in the SoCal area has the WW BBK, and is willing, we could test my FF10s on their car. Just an idea.

Rob

OP
C

Chuckable

Thread Starter #31
Sorry, but I don't trust the info from TR on this issue. Supposedly, the WW BBK will fit the stock wheels without spacers. I have the FF10s and there appears to be the same, if not slightly more clearance around the caliper than the stock wheel, so this doesn't add up. A while back I printed out the WW BBK template, and it even hit the stock wheel, so I don't think that's accurate either.

Also, as I've stated in other posts, the mounting flange of the FF10 is much thinner than the stock wheel. You can easily run a 5mm spacer while still having the same thread engagement as the stock wheel. TR provides deeper lug nuts for this reason. The stock nuts aren't deep enough.

If anyone in the SoCal area has the WW BBK, and is willing, we could test my FF10s on their car. Just an idea.

Rob
That would be great if someone was willing to meet you and try out the WW BBK to find out if it fits once and for all! Anyone?

Maybe I'm not understanding you correctly, but if the mounting flange is that much thinner, wouldn't that mean that the spokes are correspondingly moved inward by that same amount, thus presenting possible caliper clearance problems?

Maybe I'm not understanding you correctly, but if the mounting flange is that much thinner, wouldn't that mean that the spokes are correspondingly moved inward by that same amount, thus presenting possible caliper clearance problems?
No, it really means that material from the outside surface of the wheel(around the hub and lug nut area) was made thinner, likely to reduce weight. The inside mounting flange isn't much different from the stock wheel. Like I said, there is a very similar gap to the caliper with the FF10 and the stock wheel. No where near 9mm difference, 1mm +/- at the most.

Rob

I talked with Julian at Tire Rack and he noted that the FF10 in the Fiesta ST fitment is discontinued. The two wheels they have left are the last ones they will get :(

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
That is one thing often overlooked, discontinued bargains, custom order, rare, have to import, what happens when a wheel is damaged and not repairable, not so great:(