Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TR Motorsports FF10 Wheels

Chuckable

They've been mentioned in some other posts, and I know some of you have them. Tire Rack has these on close-out, and I'm thinking of buying them. Never bought aftermarket wheels for any of my cars before, but at under 15 lbs. each in a 17x7 with the OEM offset, and costing $139 each, they seem tough to beat.

My car is my daily driver, but also occasionally sees an autocross and/or HPDE event. Anyone have any feedback on these? [wave]

airjor13

2000 Post Club
TR is actually Tire Racks's own in house brand, I have heard nothing but really positive things about them for the price, low-pressure cast just like RPF-1

FistSt215

I like them too if they were as cheap as the green sparco I would get them and paint them green

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Great wheel for the money for sure but make sure they will fit a BBK if you have one or getting one.

Also since closeout you may want to get a spare in case you ever damage one.

PCA-1

This was a new-this-year wheel, now already discontinued. Picking up a spare would be in order.

OP
C

Chuckable

Thread Starter #6
Great wheel for the money for sure but make sure they will fit a BBK if you have one or getting one.
Excellent point, but Wilwood doesn't even list the BBK on their website. Does anyone have schematics? I think I've seen them on here somewhere . . .

CSM

1000 Post Club
Don't forget that Tire Rack also has the Kosei K5R and K8R in 17x7. I think they are $169 each and are both under 15 lbs.

Young L

TR is actually Tire Racks's own in house brand, I have heard nothing but really positive things about them for the price, low-pressure cast just like RPF-1
uuugg i wish Eneki would make the RPF1 in our lug pattern. that wheel would look so good on the fiesta, we should really think about as a forum bombing the site with request to make the wheel available to us.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
The 2011 Fiesta BBK on the WW site is the right one, you can even make sure to scale and print it, see what Tirerack can do etc....

You can get the RPF1 in 16x8 if you do the 4x100 bolt pattern change;)

There are more 4x100 wheels in the works but in 17's, going to take some time, the new Miata went back to 4x100 so expect some great wheels and deals in the future.

Example, I have 15x9, 12.8 lbs, Konig Dial Ins, roll formed, dang good wheels, just $129 each and waiting for a new design called the Helix at 12.2 lbs.

If not for being retired I would make some great wheels become available in 4x108 but only if a big enough GB were to happen.

FistSt215

Ahh ok . I did see the 4x100 hub rings . I'm surprise that so many fist owners haven't converted yet . We been all waiting for the enkei.

OP
C

Chuckable

Thread Starter #14
I saw an old post that someone on the Focus forums was offering the conversion for $400. If you're going to swap wheels in the future or are looking for the absolute lightest wheels then the conversion seems like it's worth it.

OP
C

Chuckable

Thread Starter #15
Don't forget that Tire Rack also has the Kosei K5R and K8R in 17x7. I think they are $169 each and are both under 15 lbs.
Nice looking wheels, but more expensive than the TR wheels, at least for now. Plus, no center caps offered at all.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I guess whomever you talked to was confused...

I ordered the BBK but with smaller rotors and drilled the hubs to for 4x100 which was easy, hard part was getting the caliper mounts right for the rotor size.

(My rotors are the 11.75" GT race grade, same weight as the 12.19" in a regular kit but better internal air flow as well so a step up over the street rotors though smaller around)

OP
C

Chuckable

Thread Starter #18
Waiting to hear from Tirerack if they have any schematics of the wheels in order to verify fitment with the Wilwood kit. Will post a response if I receive one.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Since a closeout they might not be able to do this but I called about a different wheel not that long ago and I could order just one wheel, place it on the hub, did not clear, send back no damage, full refund or order the rest of them.

-------------------------

Why I went to 4x100!!!!

I just did another search and found a new wheel I like, Miata fitment as I have 4x100 hubs and run 15x9 for the track but have been looking for the right 15x8 for the street.

I always loved this wheel style and have had many.

Low pressure cast, flow formed(same as roll formed which is great) 12.85 lbs, $142 each. I would have to order one to see if it fits over my BBK and these should be a bit concave, probably the picture of the 7 or 8" wide up on the site for now.

The 8" +35mm is listed at 12.1 lbs, $138 each.

This one is available in 15x8 , low pressure cast, not sure if flow formed but still great, 12.1 lbs, $149 each and looks like it might fit right over my brakes from the picture.

There are some incredible values in 4x100, 15x7, 8, 9 and even 10" wheels that are flow formed, low weight, can handle all out racing and not cost a fortune.

Note: Tirerack has not always been spot on with their weights but usually pretty close.

-------------

If you are staying with 4x108 then TD from PCA has some of the best options.

Rick

CSM

1000 Post Club
Nice looking wheels, but more expensive than the TR wheels, at least for now. Plus, no center caps offered at all.
No worries, TR wheels are def nice for the money. Don't forget that the rears on the TR aren't compatible with center caps!