Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Track Photo Thread

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Love the rear wing! Ever leave it on for the trip back home just to mess with folks? 😈
How does it compare for keeping the ass-end planted versus the typical decrease in rear tire pressure (increase rolling resistance) and weighting down the rear (increase iniertial mass) ?

EDIT: For anyone curious about how much of a problem the hind-end can be, rotate your tires without changing the pressures then turn a sharp corner with a little speed. 😄

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #184
I trailer the car to tracks and never take it off. My home and club track is Road Atlanta where speeds are high. The aero makes my car more stable under heavy braking from high speeds and keeps it from being loose in fast turns. This particular wing helps from around 80mph up and has a lower drag than my wings with smaller cords. I keep my rear suspension quite stiff and rear air pressure a little higher than the front so it still rotates easily with a little throttle lift. I need to lower my front splitter though so it’s more effective. The 235s and related suspension changes raised the front about an inch or so.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Very unusual to have traffic in the advanced group at Thunderhill, but there was a Camaro that insisted on being first on grid on the first session ... and he was SLOW
😂 I was just thinking I wanted to see what was in front because with that expensive look'n silver car in the rear it makes it look like everybody is holding him/er up.

But I can understand wanting to enjoy something without risking a paint-swap (or worse) with a fellow amateur on the track.