Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Transmission howling noise during cruise?

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Anyone with aftermarket fluid (Motul, AMSOIL, etc) in their trans developing these noises?

I'll let you know soon if motul quiets it down. I bought the ford spec dctf motul over the motul300

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I'll let you know soon if motul quiets it down. I bought the ford spec dctf motul over the motul300
Thanks. I'm going to try the Motul DCTF too, so definitely let me know your results. I can report that right now, the AMSOIL MTG has been great. Like I said before, I'm going to drain and filter it to make sure that it's not causing any increase wear or metal in the fluid. I have the Motul on the way and also a fluid change worth of the AMSOIL...so I should be gtg for a while, lol, given the AMSOIL comes out clean.

iso100

1000 Post Club
It shouldn't make any noise even with factory oil. Don't waste Motul on a failing transmission.

They dont know what is wrong with it. No other FiSts to compare to... They acknowledge the sound but have no way to prove its not good....

JPGC

2000 Post Club
It shouldn't make any noise even with factory oil. Don't waste Motul on a failing transmission.
"Shouldn't" is the key, lol. I would personally take It to Ford to have them fix it before changing the fluid so that they can't blame the fluid.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
They dont know what is wrong with it. No other FiSts to compare to... They acknowledge the sound but have no way to prove its not good....
Belay my last, just saw that you have had Ford look at it.

iso100

1000 Post Club
"Shouldn't" is the key, lol. I would personally take It to Ford to have them fix it before changing the fluid so that they can't blame the fluid.
Exactly. Mine made awful noise before getting replaced. The new one is silent. With factory oil.

Bought my ST used with about 12k miles on it. At cruise the trans howls quite loudly. Noise is gone when letting off of gas. Easy to recreate and it is speed sensitive. Does it going down hill also.

Here is the weird thing. Car was a Ford vehicle and came on an MSO still. When signing papers, dealer went over the warranty work they did. Transmission was installed. I thought it was a little weird, but still under factory warranty, so I didn't worry about it. Noise seems to be getting louder and bugs the crap out of me.

I have seen a few with the same issue and trans was replaced. Anyone run into this?
I am experiencing the same thing :( I just got my ST a month ago(used 10k miles) I think I need to take it to the dealership...

I have apt on wed. Thanks much.
Thanks! When you get a chance, please PM me the info requested, and I'll get on this. :)

I am experiencing the same thing :( I just got my ST a month ago(used 10k miles) I think I need to take it to the dealership...
Hi Bonesaw,

I'll be happy to look into some additional assistance. Just send me a PM with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location. I'll get started. :)

Meagan