Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SLD Transmission (needs to be rebuilt) Central NC

Trader history for jessemon1106 (0)

Took it out around 83000 miles. Started getting a noise in neutral that goes away when you press in the clutch. I do have a video of the noise. As soon as I heard the noise I parked the car. All gears worked and shifted fine. Also never had any issues popping out of gear. I'll meet within a reasonable distance. Located in the central part of North Carolina. 250obo View attachment 50067
Was this a tapping noise while in neutral? If so I have the same thing it's just the flywheel springs that have gone out didn't have to replace the whole transmission. My mechanic said I need to get a new flywheel but it should still handle the power I'm putting down with no issues. Whoosh hybrid turbo on e30 tuneplus and I can still pull hard on it.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

OP
jessemon1106
Thread Starter #23
I thought it was my flywheel at first but it's actually firm with very little play. No odd sounds and it looked decent. You could feel it when you spun the transmission shaft by hand.