Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Transmission Whine

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Not seen it mentioned, but fill with 2 liters when you replace the fluid. I have heard the manual specs something like 1.69qts. The problem is that is not quite enough to reach the bearing on the input shaft. No data to back this up, but can't hurt!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
One of the members pointed out that the difference between 1.6L and 2.0L, was in the switch between metric and standard forms of measurements. The manual specifies both, 1" from the hole -and- 20mm below fill hole. 20mm is 0.79". 0.8" is 80% of 1.0". 1.6L is 80% of 2.0L. No reports of negative affects from either fill capacity though.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Everyone who has read my DIY for doing Ravenol 75w80 MTF-2 fluid will see the amount of fluid that came in a Newer Transmission Which was 2L that went in @ 24k due to bearing howl that started in 3rd and started to move into 4th and 5th gears. So it proves the theory they changed the fill amount as they started to see issues.