Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tribodyn TRI-EX2 5W-30 motor oil

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I just can't get over the price for the same oil change intervals. I would consider the gear oil though.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Hey, even the Ravenol DXG 5W-30 I use has jumped up in price to about where this stuff is now.
(It used to be a 'bargain' for what it is, at ~45.00 for a 5 liter jug. [:(])

OP
haste

haste

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #26
Motorcycle is less buzzy at highway speeds(thumper). Don't know about the MPG cuz I bought sticky tires at the same time I replaced the oil and my right wrist can't stop from twisting the throttle. Shifting is definitely better and less clunky. Satisfied with it enough to try it in the FiST.

Just got this today!

Attachments

the duke

Request an oil analysis from Blackstone before you throw in the Tribo. Also request a post change after 3K miles to determine if the Tribo did anything other than sounding like DNA.

OP
haste

haste

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #30
Changed my oil today after I got home from work. I knew my valve cover had started weeping but now it's closer to leaking. Told the wife while I'm replacing the valve cover gasket I might as well put a HPFP and injectors in there....lol.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Changed my oil today after I got home from work. I knew my valve cover had started weeping but now it's closer to leaking. Told the wife while I'm replacing the valve cover gasket I might as well put a HPFP and injectors in there....lol.
I support this logic

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I switched to PPUltra. Only found one store near me that carries it. I think that’s as fancy as I’ll get with oil.
That is everywhere up bycme In Mn. That's the oil I have chosen to run next in a 5w30* How long do you go in Drain intervals? 3k?5k? Any thoughts?

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
That is everywhere up bycme In Mn. That's the oil I have chosen to run next in a 5w30* How long do you go in Drain intervals? 3k?5k? Any thoughts?
I’m driving a ton right now, changing 7,000 miles, mostly highway cruising 70-80mph with fords filter, I like that it’s a larger capacity then after market. I haven’t done a black stone study though.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I’m driving a ton right now, changing 7,000 miles, mostly highway cruising 70-80mph with fords filter, I like that it’s a larger capacity then after market. I haven’t done a black stone study though.
I am BT w/ 4 port and E50 I've been 5k may go to 3k* depending on what Next test says after I run the Pennzoil Platinum Ultra*

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I am BT w/ 4 port and E50 I've been 5k may go to 3k* depending on what Next test says after I run the Pennzoil Platinum Ultra*
I’ll say that I noticed I was getting a lot of ignition corrections across all cylinders towards right before I changed from the normal PP at 7,000 miles. Fuel dilution/excessive blow by maybe, but OARs stayed at -1.00.

On the fresh oil it’s really gone down, even on long WOT pulls in 4th and 5th. I’ll keep an eye on it as I put the miles on. It’s the only reason I’ve considered a catch can.